Disc golf - Saturdays or Sundays - location varies

250 posts in this topic

Rain stops play for Saturday A couple of people have let me know that they won't be playing

today, but suggested tomorrow instead, since the forecast for tomorrow is still looking good.

Alternative 1: Disc Golf in Weilheim

Alternative 2: Ultimate Frisbee in the English Garden

I am in! As much as I'd like to play Ultimate I think the scenery and relaxation would do me better. And it seems like Weilheim in the fall will pull most of the crowd. I hope that Philipe can make it with discs (?)

B)

edit: I will probably drive, but may bring a German friend (who's here from the US) in the other seat.

Unfortunately, Philipe can't make tomorrow at all, which is why I originally suggested Saturday, however Erik still has a bag of discs from last week, so we wouldn't go short.

I'm in as well, and have the usual 4 spots to offer up in my car. one51, I'll have tons of borrowed discs with me, so no shortage there. I can also pick you up a disc or two when I go to return the discs to Philipe sometime next week.

oh... tempting! :) but i feel bad subjecting you guys to me for another week (and i have to decide if i'm going to go row tomo or not)

Since it might be the last week that Haynous is able to play and since he can't

come to disc golf, I would suggest that we leave disc-golf for a week and meet

for ultimate instead. I'll post again in the ultimate thread to the same effect.

the weather was fine on saturday, no rain at all (at least not something that we would call 'rain' over here). The problem with a permanent course in munich is that every park is really crowded, except it's heavily raining. So, the best solution will be to install the course in Fröttmaning and add some baskets in the englisch garden/olympiapark... any disc golf action next weekend?

I'd rather lick my toes for a few hours than play ultimate, but that's just me...

but disc golf? hmm weekends are busy *sigh* but maybe, would love to...

any disc golf action next weekend?

On Sunday we ended up playing ultimate and I ended up in hospital :D

Another player and myself ended up colliding at full speed, unfortunately

his shoulder --> my rib cage

me --> floor --> hospital --> xray --> nothing broken

Disc golf is a way safer sport ... unfortunately I'll be unable to play this weekend because we are taking part in the Spielwies'n games fair, but Erik mentioned the idea of a trip to Weilheim. Hopefully we can pick up where we left off on the weekend of the 19th.

Folks, just a suggestion, but... how about we try to keep both disc sports going by sticking with golf on a Saturday and Ultimate on a Sunday? That way we can do both without either dying out, if you see what I mean...

Of course, it could be that nobody wants to, er, have another 'jay' incident and the numbers for Ultimate will naturally dwindle!

I agree with Ben! I am not one to shrink from mild injury, as my third ankle sprain earlier this summer tells (the third time in 9 years I turned hard and cut to chase O or avoid D... and heard that pop). So let's keep both sports, and both threads, going strong.

While I like both sports (no one, least of all me is sucking my toes either way), I'll take Ultimate any day for the exercise, teamwork, and mental challenge it provides.

Though I must say, once becoming better at disc golf there's probably a lot more to the decision process for each throw. My arm was a bit sore after 36 holes but nothing like the whole-body hurt of a good Ultimate day ;-)

I have a slight problem with Saturdays, because I always have language lessons in the afternoon. It's okay for me if people are planning to play guerilla disc-golf in munich and don't mind playing early in the day, but otherwise not, especially if there's a day-trip planned to mecca weilheim.

I enjoy both sports equally. One of the reasons I've been so enthusiatic about disc-golf in the weeks past is that with golf the numbers aren't so important: the ultimate turnout started to dwindle after the oktoberfest and several times i've turned up only to find that there weren't enough people for a game.

Hey all. Philipe (the disc golf man) and I are planning to play this Saturday. The weather is supposed to be sunny like the last few days, so should make a good day out. Philipe has suggested Fröttmaning once again (or, the magic mountain as he calls it :D), but if people are more inclined for a day out in Weilheim, we can do that as well.

Any takers for Saturday? I still have all the borrowed discs from Philipe, so there will be no shortage of discs if you don't have your own.

Cheers

B)

I'll consider either...Weilheim is actually closer for me, but it kinda sucks...so...hmm..

my god that beer is doing weird things to my arse

So a trip to Weilheim is planned for tomorrow, Saturday. We are 5 so far, all going in my car, which means I don't have any more spots to offer... But I just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone else wanted to join and has any means of getting out there.

We will start playing at around 11:45, and will return at 5, when it gets dark. We may not do the biergarten thing since it would a tight fit we wanted to play two rounds (which is very likely).

In addition to driving, there is a DB train option to get there:

Location: The course is in Weilheim, 45 minutes from Munich... the train from HBf takes 38 min to Weilheim and runs hourly (9:32-10:10 and 10:32-11:10). The Bayernticket for 5 people costs EUR24,-. Once we're in Weilheim it's about a 2km walk I think.

If anyone takes the train option, I am more than happy to swing by the train station in Weilheim to pick you up. I don't know what a single roundtrip ticket costs, though (as opposed to the Bayernticket), but can't be that much I'm guessing.

Just post here or PM me if you plan on coming so we know to wait for you and, for anyone taking the train, if you want me to pick you up from the Weilheim train station.

Cheers.

:)

I resreved the twoo spots with Eriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikiii, but unfortunately I can not make it...so if anyone else wants a great day out and a ride to a place a bit more near the alps sen Eriiki tubbs a pm as he still has two spots available!!!

The course may not be ideal, but rarely have I seen a course with a biergarten at the end with a view of the alps in the background. A great place and it still is fun!!

Hi all,

Let's revive disc golf for the spring! Who is interested to play one Saturday (so we don't conflict w/ Ultimate on Sundays, hehe).

This particular Saturday (22nd) I will be skydiving if the sky is clear and weather warm. However if it looks iffy as far as clouds in Ampfing (E of Munich), I am not in the mood to sit around at a country airport. If there is a crowd interested in disc golf the 22nd I am a maybe! :)