BER - Berlin Brandenburg Airport

139 posts in this topic

I drove past the massive unfinished intelligence buildings in Chaussee str yesterday, another white elephant unfinished project. No urgency to complete there either.

They need to open the fucker first. That'll be the real trick.

According to last week's Spiegel, the money pit is now 83% finished after 11 years of construction. So allegedly only 2-3 more years to go.

Still, I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad:

berlin_kann_alles.jpg.4ff8dc1a49f06e3489

The Tagesspiegel are reporting today, that the new(old) airport BER, will not be opening before 2021!  a somewhat hidden TÜV Report has been found. I read a couple of weeks ago, that the airport costs between ten and thirteen million Euros a month,just to maintain its present state. I was once talking to someone  who was working at BER, he had been writing a bill for €420 a day for several months, and had done absolutely nothing, he said there was no communication between the various building contractors, so doing anything at all was impossible. I have often thought it would of ended in a big fire by now, either way I wish that the Berlin Brandenburg politicians would pull the plug on this project, it is such a waste of resources.

On 27/08/2017, 20:42:43, El Jeffo said:

According to last week's Spiegel, the money pit is now 83% finished after 11 years of construction. So allegedly only 2-3 more years to go.

Then I hope the Pareto Principle does not apply here the same as it does in SW development.  Where the last 20% of the effort takes 80% of the time!

7 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

Then I hope the Pareto Principle does not apply here the same as it does in SW development.  Where the last 20% of the effort takes 80% of the time!

Your timing is impeccable - it looks like that is indeed the case.

According to a Tagesspiegel report today TÜV Rheinland has found "grave defects in technical systems", particularly in those for fire safety, that make an opening before 2021 highly improbable.

And the beat goes on...

Yes end of 2020 it's beyond a joke as I said before I wish they would stop immediately throwing money at that white elephant. How could it of ever gone this wrong ? 2020 would be nine years later than planned ! 

What? You don't find a gmail trustworthy for a financial loan? The German is crap too: finanziell belästigt. Had to laugh about that one. Financially molested.

On 15.12.2017, 22:51:31, Wasteland said:

How could it of ever gone this wrong ? 2020 would be nine years later than planned ! 

Too many politicians involved.

The new Gotthard rail tunnel was completed on time.  No politicians involved.

The new airport in Istanbul will be opened at the end of 2018.

I want to know what is exactly wrong with it. I guess runways are ready, terminal buildings, immigration and customs...etc. they all seem finished.

Then what is the problem?

23 minutes ago, HEM said:

Too many politicians involved.

The new Gotthard rail tunnel was completed on time.  No politicians involved.

Not only on time, but within the budget as well. Ah, don't you love the Swiss?

4 minutes ago, Thormein said:

Do you have TÜV in Turkey? No? That explains it.

1 hour ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Do you have TÜV in Turkey? No? That explains it.

Which TUV do you mean? For cars we do.

But we are very good at building.

Time for an update: plastic plugs jeopardize the planned opening in October 2020 according to TÜV Rheinland. It's about fire safety once again. Meanwhile, costs have risen to an estimated €7 billion.

On 22/12/2017, 19:18:24, Thormein said:

Well the new Istanbul airport t opened about  months late (original plan was end of Oct 2018), and 27 died during construction!