Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Require financial advice

14 posts in this topic

Hi , we are not quite sure what we should do,we have 36000 e in fonds and at the moment they are increasing in value for the first time in a couple of years,we will be cashing them in in 14 months,my question is should we cash them in now and put the money in a fest geld konto(know any good ones?)or will they keep on rising?any advice would be well appreciated.thanks in advance bob.

I haven´t got a clue, as I broke my crystal ball recently, but my tendency would be to keep the money where it is and also to keep a close eye on it.

Set a certain percentage of loss that you would be willing to accept, and be sure to cash it all in before it ever reaches that level.

Nobody can tell you for sure which way things will go in the future, but at the moment I think your money is in the best place...

BTW - have you thought of asking a financial advisor? :)

No one can tell you whether they are going to continue to rise in value, and a better approach to take would be to ask what your ultimate goal is for the money, e.g. to buy a property, retirement funds, etc. There may also be tax implications to consider as part of your decision.

bobby: NOBODY in the world knows if they will keep on rising. What kind of fonds are they? Equities/Aktienfonds, bond funds /Rentenfonds? It may be a time to reconsider where the money is re risk level but please don´t believe any "guru " on here who might come up with some speculative " hey, baby , I can get you 20% next year ". Be careful.

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Thanks!They are D/bank platinum fonds we will be cashing them in for the last instalment on the house (don,t need all of them)which at the same time is our rente,we just thought someone on here might know some serious banks with good conditions for fest geld for 1 year,and john thanks for the warning i was going to give it all to you to look after but then i spotted your real name "johng uru" ;)

Have you got all your money in one fund, bobby? Not wise. But anyway, for safety sake, yes, you can put your money into a bank for a year or so with Festgeld etc.

Good that you have a house but, just saying , you need more than that for your Rente - you may want holidays, roof repairs and lap top dancers as a pensioner! :D If you don´t have one, you may need to consider a top up private pension plan.

But I´m the wrong guy - I´m john g. euro!!!

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Thanks john,at the moment i'm paying 350e a month into a private rente plan and mrs bobbylines earns the money in this house to pay for the lap top (dancers B) )

I wager you´re paying 350 euros a month into a cider bond plan, bobby! ( forget all my warnings! Good investment! B) )

Invest it in the House of Rothchilds or J.P.Morgan or Deutsche Bank they get the first pick on the direction the finances go.Just make sure you are the first in line for the payout(fat chance).Yeah and they also get saved by their government if the make a "mistake".

Will they keep on rising? Holy crap. If the market knew if they would rise, they already rise. Their value is based on the present value of their returns. If everyone knew gas would cost $140 a barrel in 6 months, then today the price would jump to $130 a barrel and 6 month futures would cost $140. The point is, no one knows if they will keep rising.

If you think the world economies are going to continue to grow and that there will not be any huge explosions or natural disasters and no big fraud will be uncovered in your portfolio or at Apple then theoretically, the portfolio is likely to continue to rise as the returns on the future investment continue to grow. However, if you think the markets will take a tumble due to a lack of funding, a collapse of the eurozone, volcanic eruptions that kill 1/3 of Italians and create an ash cloud that will cripple solar energy farms throughout Europe and make air travel impossible, then I would sell now.

The best advice I was given by a financial advisor once was that if you ever need a certain amount of money at a certain time in the future, do not invest it/leave it in stocks/shares/funds. These are only a good idea if you have the time to weather any storms.

Nobody knows what the market will do; some very few people (who work ni the industry or study the markets regularly) may have a better idea than others...but even then, only up to a certain point.

A wiseone would say invest it or keep it away from the eyes of finanzamt..Swiss/Luxembourg are exist there for a reason..;)