Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CASUAL football

10 posts in this topic

Recently, whilst riding past Rheinenergie stadion, I spotted some seemingly public football fields; and was suddenly overcome with an irrepressible desire to start playing again.

I'm no Iniesta. In fact, I'm crap. But I do enjoy playing (an all-weather type player) and would like to commit to at least one day a week.

So if you are a member of a CASUAL group that's already established and could use more bodies, or like me are looking for / would be interested in starting something, please send a note.

Cheers.

... not sure I have ever seen any American football fields in Germany. Mostly just normal football (and the *very* occasional rugby) pitches.

Hi,

I could be up for a bit of casual football/soccer. I know the fields you are talking about and they are not far from me so it would be perfect.

P.S. for all you Americans / american football fans, Near to the soccer stadium are a lot of sports facilities and lest time I was there I noticed they were playing american football on a pitch just next to the swimming pool. I don't know any details about the team but maybe if you are interested you could check it out.

That'd be awesome if this could get going BEFORE June because that's when I leave! Count me in for casual football/soccer!!! You guys... don't mind if women play too, do you?

which football u mean, regular one or soccer

if you live in europe you should know there is only one type of football ;)

I am very keen to get a game going in the Koln area too! I am setting an event up in Koln to try and get people regularly playing. Like you said, there are many free pitches in and around Koeln. If you add me on Facebook, I will add you to the event and as I propose new dates and times you can accept / Decline as desired.

As it happens, we are having a kickabout in Ehrenfeld today at 13:00, only a few of us, maybe 5 or so, feel free to join if you wish.

find me on facebook (nathan snowden, Koln)

All the best guys!

nath B)

"i am not sure which football u mean, regular one or soccer"

You're in Europe. Regular football is "soccer" everywhere in the world except North America.