Cancelling an EasyJet flight vs no-show

17 posts in this topic

so i purchased a couple of cheap (presumably non-refundable) tickets from manchester to Munich for july next year. Looks like from logging in that i can change passenger name(s), but I can't see that i can cancel my ticket to obtain any sort of refund, if even partial.

if I am correct in assuming I won't be able to get ANYTHING from easyjet if i tell them i'd like to cancel my ticket, am I simply better off not showing up to the flight? Then I save the 10p/min phone call to them to try to cancel the tickets, AND they don't profit MORE from me by re/onselling my tickets...

WWJD?

Unless someone has died you can't cancel Easy Jet tickets except if you do it within 24 hours of booking the flight. Actually even if someone dies they will only give you a credit. Changing the name is possible, but they charge you to do that and if the price of the flight has gone up, you have to pay the difference between the two prices as well. I'm guessing that you mean you booked the flight for this coming July and not in 2013! ;)

Toss the tickets in the bin or offer them for free on here, although it probably will be cheaper for someone to book their own fights.

From Easy Jets Carrier Regulations:

3. Refunds and cancellation fees

easyJet is a non-refund airline save as provided in our "Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage" and in these Carrier's Regulations.

Conditions of Carriage Article 6.6

You may cancel your booking within 24 hours of making the original booking. Please note a cancellation can only be processed up to two (2) hours prior to the flight's scheduled departure time. You will receive a refund (including APD but excluding any credit card, transfer, speedy boarding, sports equipment, or other administrative fees). A cancellation fee per passenger per journey will be charged in accordance with the table below. Cancellation must be made via our call centre (for other telephone numbers visit the contact us section). Refunds will be made to the credit or debit card used to make your booking.

easyJet regrets that it is unable to offer refunds in the event of passengers being unable to fly owing to any change in personal circumstances, including but not limited to medical grounds, with the exception of the application of the 24 hour cancellation policy.

In exceptional circumstances, however, easyJet will consider issuing a credit in the event of the bereavement of an immediate family member (mother, father, brother, sister, grandparent or child) provided that the claim and a copy of the death certificate are submitted by post to the easyJet Customer Services Department.

All claims will be assessed entirely at the discretion of easyJet. This credit will be to the value of the original fare paid, per passenger per journey, and can be used against any future flights on easyJet within the following six month period.

it's come to now checking-in online with sleazyjet and their website is anything but clear. I know I can check in as early as 30days prior to my flight, and am trying to, but all I can see is "Print/download Boarding Pass" links - nothing to actually CHECK IN with confirmation of seat etc.

Only other link i can click on regarding my flight is to check flight status.

Is the printing/downloading of a boarding pass the same as checking in?

or do I still need to find this magical link somehow?

Boarding pass is the same as check in. There is no seat number, because the seats are first on plane, first served basis.

Just gave cancelling a go.

Forget about trying to find a cancellation button, or a number to call from your own easyjet account. You have to dig so deep its a joke. So a basic Google-fu helped me find the customer support number in one click.

I booked a round trip for about 170 euros. That includes roughly:

- 70 Euros per flight, so 140 euros for the tickets and that includes the credit card fee.

- 27,00 for a hold luggage.

The agent was unhelpful. Not worth commenting on it, I dont understand why we have to deal with such aggressive & poor service quality at this day and age. That call was enough to help me decide never to consider that company again.

As of this date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 36 euros per passenger per flight.

So text book says, I'll be refunded 50 Euros (out of 170) in 5-7 working days.

I Hope this is helpful information.

Reviving this old thread in the light of the current situation: I guess that despite the declaration of certain areas as high risk by the German government (e.g. Cote d'Azur) Easyjet's no refund policy means just that.

Anyone tried to cancel recently? Or re-book?

Basically my partner and I have an upcoming return flight to Nice but as it looks like we would have to go into quarantine on our return (which would be a problem for both our work), we're considering not to take the flight. Looks like we'll just have to take the hit?

Your flight price includes airport tax, security tax, eco tax... the price of the actual flight is usually a small part of the total. I would claim at least for airport and security - that's not the same as the flight. Do you have a price breakdown? If you don't ask, they surely won't offer.

25 minutes ago, optimista said:

Your flight price includes airport tax, security tax, eco tax... the price of the actual flight is usually a small part of the total. I would claim at least for airport and security - that's not the same as the flight. Do you have a price breakdown? If you don't ask, they surely won't offer.

That's a good point - the taxes are indeed quite a segment of the whole. Will claim for them at least

You may try to move your flight, to say next March or whenever, that you may want to fly, you might lose less money that way, because there is a re-booking fee

Can't book that far ahead at the moment, at least not online. Was offered a voucher with a year's validity to the full value of what I had already paid. Obviously a bit of a gamble as no-one knows how the pandemic will develop, but I've got a calendar year to book and the actual flight can be even later. In the circumstances, I'll take that risk.

On 29/08/2020, 18:41:52, optimista said:

So they get to keep your money for a year... hmmm...

Yes, it's a gamble not without its downside. But the alternative seemed even less attractive.