Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DHL sent my package back

51 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Rushrush said:

Curious does anyone order clothes on Amazon (well other than socks underwear)?

I have only bought one item of clothing online and it was a bathrobe, one size fits all.  I wouldn't order anything else because I'd be worried once it arrives, I will not like the fabric or the fit and I can't be bothered to send it back.  I have ordered shoes but I had the exact same shoes before so I knew they'd be a good fit.

On 12/22/2019, 4:59:07, keith2011 said:

Yes delivery tends to be very unreliable this time of year. I was waiting for a shipment of Xmas crackers ordered via Amazon.de and shipped by DPD. Tracking indicated it would be delivered last Thursday and I was in all day but no attempt made, no note left in the letter box nothing, next day the tracking said it was available for collection but not from where. I had to telephone DPD at a cost of €0,20 :angry: to find out it was left at a packet shop down the road.

I subsequently realised that the tracking info was via a link to Amazon and not to DPD. Had I used the DPD tracking service I could have saved the cost of the telephone call, the tracking info at Amazon was/is not complete!

Tip don't believe what Amazon say about delivery.

Not surprised, last Monday stopped in at the post office, massive line up of people sending out last minute Christmas gifts. Inside you could barely move as there were so many pallets of gifts. About 6 times what you'd normally see

Hi,

I had a letter coming to me from outside the EU, from India. 

The tracking app said "Out For Delivery" two days ago but now says "Returned to Warehouse"

IPZ Niederaula, Germany.

I called them  but they are very unhelpful as I don t speak German very well.

What does it mean?

There should be a slip/note (yellow usually, but depends on the carrier) in your letterbox. You will need this to pick it up from"IPZ Niederaula"

As of 1 July, you have to pay customs on all packages arriving from outside the EU, however low the value. (Labelling it as a gift does not make any difference in my experience.) The IPZ is your local customs processing office.

https://www.zoll.de/DE/Privatpersonen/Postsendungen-Internetbestellungen/Sendungen-aus-einem-Nicht-EU-Staat/Zoll-und-Steuern/Aenderungen_ab_01072021/aenderungen_ab_01072021_node.html

24 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

There should be a slip/note (yellow usually, but depends on the carrier) in your letterbox. You will need this to pick it up from"IPZ Niederaula"

No, I called them later with a friend who speaks German and the customer service woman said it will be send back as it is too difficult to do  a second delivery for a letter! No slip note in my box.

An IPZ is an Internationales Paketzentrum run by DHL. It's a warehouse where incoming (from outside Germany) parcels are received by DHL and then either forwarded directly to the local DHL Paketzentrum for delivery or handed over to the Zoll to process before forwarding. Niederaula is (I believe) a "helper" centre that relieves pressure on the main Frankfurt IPZ.

There is no way in hell you can pick up a parcel from Niederaula. It's not open to the public at all.

I wonder was the letter addressed properly. It sounds like they couldn't figure out where to deliver it to.

1 minute ago, murphaph said:

I wonder was the letter addressed properly. It sounds like they couldn't figure out where to deliver it to.

It was. DHL delivered another packet on the same day! Could it then send it back for a customs check or something? In that case, why would it say Out for Delivery?

People have been complaining about precisely this problem on the local international FB page since July.

In my case they just sent it back to a special post office and I was able to go there and pay customs. But you're going to have to contact the Niederaula customs office.
It says what to do in English on this page: https://www.zoll.de/EN/Private-individuals/Postal_consignments_internet_order/Shipments-from-a-non-EU-country/Procedures/procedures_node.html

(Sorry, I see you have tried contacting them. I'd get a nastier friend to try it again and make more of a ruckus about it.)