Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ice Skate-A-Thon 2012

2 posts in this topic

The Lions Club Multinational club has come up with a FUN fundraising activity...an ICE SKATE-A-THON!!

When: Saturday 10 March 2012 16:30 - 19:30 (but come a bit early to complete registration

Where: Eis-und Funsportzentrum Ost Staudingerstrasse 17 81735 Munich The 400 m long speed skating rink

http://www.muenchen.de/media/lhm/_de/rubriken/Rathaus/scu/sport/eissportsaison/eissport_pdf.pdf

What: An old fashion typical "Ice Skate-A-Thon..." Yes, you skate, find sponsors to sponsor each of

your laps / or you sponsor and pay for someone elses laps. Contact Ed...ASAP for pledge

envelopes.

Fundrasing activity: You® skate®- takes 50% of the earnings back to your/his/her own non-profit

sportsclub, kindergarden, charities or similar. Quittung avaialbe for Euro25.00+

The other 50% of the sponsored skaters earnings goes to the Lions Club Multinational: our present

sponsor project is supporting SchlauU www.schlau-schule.de We will be happy to tell you

more about their efforts teaching refugees German, please contact us.

Who: This an activity for everyone. If you are a parent and want to 'help' an organization that helps real problems, then bring your kids out. If you are not a parent and just want to skate-then come on out. We are a multilingual group, but primarily speak English. We are always looking to meet other caring folks. We are the smallest of the many LionsClubs in Munich. We do activities like "Can Drives", Cookie donations and sponsor places like the "TeeStube" over at the Zinettistrasse, usually a day-homeless support shelter-however due to this wicked cold snap they have surely depleated their stocks. If you are interested in spending the afternoon with good natured-mainly English speaking people (20, 30'ish to 50+'ish) then come on out, there will be food and refreshments and good cheer avaialable. The location is a top notch Ice skating rink, this activity falls at the end of a serious competition qualifications. The City of Munich and the BEV (Bayerisches Eissport-Verbund e.V) are backing us. us.

check us out: www.lionsmultinational.com

Great idea! I do wish I dared skate but I'm too afraid of falling and busting my arm again.

Have you contacted the main newspapers and radio stations? They will likely add your event to their list and give you free publicity.