Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Berlin Metal Detectors Club

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. We are just considering starting a new club here in Berlin and would love to get some new members. Please take a look at the site and as well as possible members we would love feedback to see if there is interest in such a group being started. Theres already six of us who are interested ranging from English, American, Canadian, German and Norwegian so we're quite a good mix. If you're interested please get in touch at berlinmetaldetectorsclub@hotmail.com

Berlin Metal Detectors Club

Thank you.

Daniel

Is it now allowed?years ago it was forbidden, would be good if it is now allowed ,then i would be off to the beach more often ;)

Yes it's certainly legal even though there seems to be a lot of anger towards detectorists which is one reason for wanting to start a group, safety in numbers. There are certain places it is forbidden such as old battlefields. Each area has their own rules. I'm not sure about the beach if you mean on the north coast.

I have always wanted to buy one,when living in England i couldn,t afford one, now i can but it's not much fun searching in my back garden every day. PS i live in Schleswig Holstein so i can choose between the North sea and the Baltic sea :P pps detectorist lovely name

I don't know why I am helping you guys because I think Metal detector clubs are the scum of the earth who destroy nations' heritage, but I thought I should at least warn you that Berlin is possibly the stupidest place for a metal detector club. There are still so many unexploded bombs laying under the surface of Berlin, that if you start poking around in the ground over a metal signal, you will eventually get what some people might say you deserve

Thanks JF1980. Now you have made your point we all agree that you are completely right and we are nothing but the scum of the earth. Hopefully a few of us are going to die this year by having ourselves killed by an unexploded bomb. If any of us do, I'll be sure to congratulate you for predicting it (providing it isn't me of course). As you are 100% right there really isn't anything left for me to say.

Sorry there is one thing!.....TOSSER!!!

The club doesn't have any rules yet. As it says, them rules are another detectors clubs rules which were borrowed to help fill the site until we have the correct content. This seems to be confusing some people. I'll delete the rules from the site to make it clearer.

hi daniel my name is john i live birmingham uk i help to run a club called wmmdc i have just had a week in czech republic not a very good week i was wondering if we came to germany we could meet up and join in with club digs this wont be untill next year and we would like some help with finding a hotel near to you meny thanks regards john

John...didn't you notice that Daniel hasn't posted since 2012 and has possibly already been blown up possibly because of a lack of  grammar and punctuation

who cares anyway....

Indeed..."Deep Digger Dan" pulls the ring on a WWII hand grenade whilst filming it for his YouTube channel (currently 4.6 million views)

Deep Digger Dan is no longer living In Berlin and has not been for quite some time, I do believe he is back in England... I have been Deteckting in Berlin/Brandenburg for many years, and the reason why you do not see ANY clubs is the fact that the hobby is considered a legal grey area according to the Government, varying Bundesland to Bundesland.. If you actively own a detector and would love to go for a hunt give me a PM.