Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Deutsche Bank coin machine

13 posts in this topic

I've seen automatic coin deposit machines in some banks here and at a Deutsche Bank in Berlin...

... but does anyone know of a Deutsche Bank location In Munich that has one of these machines?

It looks kind of like an ATM.. then you just dump all your coins in and it counts them and deposits them into your account! :)

Thanx!

If you can't find one, you should also be able to go to the Bundesbank in Munich and exchange coins for paper money.

Try typing " Coin " into the search box... it really is quite a cleaver feature,,

Deutsche Bank don't have any facilities at all in Munich for customers to deposit coins through a coin counting machine. I've written to them and asked them. They replied and told me to get paper and that rolling up the coins myself is the only option.

I'm going to change banks soon and this is one of the reasons. I don't need to be with a bank that still thinks it's 1952...

Deutsche Bundesbank, Leopoldstr. 234, will count coins (Euro or DM) and give you notes in return, with no fee.

Hope this is useful to someone!

This is the only choice for Deutsche Bank customers for a free of cost coin exchange.

I bank with Commerzbank but can take money from DB (and a few others) at no cost with my card.

I wonder if you could use the coin counting machine at Commerzbank on Schleissheimerstr. (Tram 27 Herzogstr.) for no charge as well. I don't know how far the reciprocity extends between the two.

No you can't...I've tried.

Only choice is to take it to the Bundesbank, or as I do, which is to use the Hypovereinsbank facility to deposit it into the account of my girlfriend who then transfers it to me...

Deutsche Bank don't have any facilities at all in Munich for customers to deposit coins through a coin counting machine. I've written to them and asked them. They replied and told me to get paper and that rolling up the coins myself is the only option.I'm going to change banks soon and this is one of the reasons. I don't need to be with a bank that still thinks it's 1952...

This is not true of the Deutsche Bank location at the corner of Prinzregentenstrasse and Trogerstrasse.

I go in and show them my box of coins and they give me one or two (or more if need be) numbered and bar coded plastic bags. I then simply put all the coins in, seal it up and keep the receipt that corresponds to to each bag.

A few days later a deposit is made with the bag number used as the transaction number.

Admittedly there is no instant gratification of knowing exactly how much change you just dumped but...

So then I wonder why the Deutsche Bank didn't tell me about this when I emailed their customer service department to ask...