Skiing & snowboarding - cheap day trips

387 posts in this topic

Regarding the page you just told me, ive seen the prices for lockers and looks like 8€ for a double locker, it does not says the price for a single one but it exists in there... does it sounds very weird if I carry my skis and sticks out of anything and my boats in my backpack?

The DB train should i take it from Hauptbahnhof right? and it will leave me in the base of Garmisch-Partenkirchen where I should take another train to the Zugspitze right? in case to choose Garmisch-classic then im just in with the first train, is it?

I know that I should be in Hauptbahnhof at 7am but what at the returning? does not says any time...

From the Zugspitze can i go skiing to Garmisch-Patenkirchen and then come back to Zugspitze? or it's very long and faraway?

thanks, I know im very noob :( but i've so many doubts...

ok I found all i think

7AM Hauptbahnhof -> Hausberg at 8:23, then at 8:51 get the Zahnradbahn (which i still dont know if its in the same station) to Zugspitze at 9:45

and coming back:

15:30 at Zugspitze -> Hausberg at 16:46 -> 18:27 back to Hauptbahnhof

And the skipass I should take it at the box office in Zugspitze

Zugspitze looks like very faraway and its not on the tracks map, and keeping in mind that it's the highest mountain in Germany, i dont think i can go back that easily jejeje so it's a totally different spot... which I should take a look without doubts!!!

Thanks anyway...

Lets see if I dont sleep in the snow...

if anyone is interested, they have small lockers for 2€... so far so good...

then at 8:51 get the Zahnradbahn (which i still dont know if its in the same station)

It's immediately next door, just follow the signs or follow all the other skiers.

Any comments upon skiing 22,23,24 Mar? Where will I find Schnee? Will the end of the month be all done? I am surprising my son with a week visit, but am hesitant to ask him directly, since that would tip him off we are coming across the pond. Thanks for your help.

There will be plenty of snow at the end of March. To be sure head about 1000m, but it will be good at any major Austrian resort.