Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Airline ticket offer for 29euro

7 posts in this topic

I found airline ticket offer for 29 euro.

http://www.groupon.de/deals/online-deal/air-fast-tickets/3082785?nlp=&CID=DE_CRM_1_0_0_33&a=1655

This price is for to and return flight from major Germany airports to many destinations to Europe.

The price looks good, but in text stays that additional cost and taxes may be added.

This offer have bought more 9000 people.

What do you think about this offer? And they don't answer me, I have asked how much exactly would cost ticket with all taxes and additional costs.

One thing you should never buy on Groupon: airline tickets

Additional costs and surcharges are included in every airline ticket, whether you buy from a travel agent or the airline directly. They ALWAYS include airport taxes + a prime for fuel volatility on top of the fuel price index, which all vary depending on where and when you fly. Additional surcharges MAY include anything from checked bags to a fee for making the payment with a credit card.

So what you're looking at is the base price of 29 euros for a single leg flight, which is the same price you will pay if you were to book directly from, say, KLM, IF you beat the airline's fluid pricing. For many, getting a rock bottom price through airlines' uses of fluid pricing may seem impossible, but on direct flights between major European cities, it's easily done as long as you book 2-3 weeks before and book on a weekday (generally & in the low season).

During the high season, you'd think it will be impossible to find a base fare as low as 29 euros, and you're right. You won't. But they will add onto the surcharge, the difference in the price, having you to eventually pay the same price. Which also answers another question: What if you saved the coupon (which is valid for 12 months) for a rainy day, say, a last minute vacation? Then you would save money, as you won't get fucked by a last minute fare, right? Wrong. They will charge you the difference in the fare as a surcharge.

The only way you would save money in this case is if AirFastTickets has a special agreement with their airlines (which they probably do) that allows them to discount the total surcharge. Even then, you would save, at most, 5 euros. And that is not even guaranteed. Thus, the answer is: Don't buy it. It's not worth the trouble to save 5 euros, which isn't even guaranteed. Also note that in some cases, the use of the coupon may force you to pay more than you would if you booked directly with the airline.

Because of the way the airline industry operates, it does not allow for such deals to take place with Groupon that would provide a saving of greater than a couple of euros.

I hope I did a good job at explaining everything and apologize the poor writing, as I'm quite hungover. I did a 2 year co-op with a capital management firm as a business analyst in the airline/transportation industry so I have a pretty solid understanding of how airlines operate. I'd be glad to go into further details, but it depends on your existing understanding of the industry. Let me know if you have any other questions

Thank you very much for very detailed answer.

As always it's better to buy directly from airline company not from 3rd company.

err, no.. it is not always better to buy directly from an airline company. You can get very good discounts by purchasing airline tickets through 3rd party web sites such as expedia or opodo or swoodoo or others. Always comparison shop.

BUT the groupon offer isn't a real ticket purchase but rather a coupon for a future ticket purchase. That's why it says right on the coupon that additional costs could easily be up to 150 euros on top of the original offer depending on your destination and flight date. So figure out where and when you want to go, and then compare TOTAL prices at various online web sites before buying your ticket.

From the Groupon offer under Konditionen (Conditions)

Die gesamten Flughafen-Gebühren und Treibstoffzuschläge sind bei Buchung zu entrichten.

Der Gesamtbetrag an Steuern und Zuschlägen kann zwischen 25 und 150 € variieren, je nach Zielort, Hin- und Rückflugterminen, Fluggesellschaft und telefonischen Verbindungskosten (sofern vorhanden)

Thank you very much for very detailed answer.

As always it's better to buy directly from airline company not from 3rd company.

You can still find good deals through travel agencies, whether they be a single brick-and-mortar agency or an internet based one. But it depends on the nature of your travel. For example:

For simple trips, say, from LAX to LGA round trip, you will find the lowest price on both airlines' websites AND large internet based agencies. You COULD find a lower price on such a flight from a small agency but it will only amount to a couple of dollars/euros/pounds/blah in savings, which at that point, you might ask yourself if its worth your time. The reason for this is because of the way contracts between carriers and agencies are typically set up between smaller agencies and larger international ones.

But for trips requiring a hotel reservation in addition to a flight or a series of flights (like an RTW trip), you will most likely find better deals through various travel agencies, both small and large.

USUALLY, the benefits outweigh the cost when booking through an agency, but only by a little (unless there is a promotion or a discount going on) if you have the time. For me personally, I don't have the time and I always book with SkyTeam for my flights and Hilton/Marriott for my hotels. (also for the rewards)

Note that in the case of the Groupon deal, Groupon is not acting as the agency. The airline (most likely KLM AirFrance & Luftansa Swiss Int because of the possible routes) is selling their ticket through Air Fast Tickets, which is selling it through Groupon, which is an extremely inefficient retail channel, which is why the savings are extremely minimal if they exist at all, noting that you could pay more as well.

Hello, I want to ask you if you've heard about this company https://www.cheapbizclass.com/new-special-offer/, which offers 50% to 70% cheaper airfares? I'm a bit skeptical. I would be very grateful for your opinions and recommendations!

4 minutes ago, priscillakoroma said:

Hello, I want to ask you if you've heard about this company https://www.cheapbizclass.com/new-special-offer/, which offers 50% to 70% cheaper airfares? I'm a bit skeptical. I would be very grateful for your opinions and recommendations!

Generally, if it sounds too good to be true then it is!

Normally, if you use different websites then you would be able to find the same ticket for the same price elsewhere as well.  I think that they used to buy peoples points and then use them to get tickets, but this has been cracked down upon by the airlines.

They are no reviews on Trustpilot.com/de, which for an internet company which has been around for a long time (there copyright says 2014!) is suspicious.

There is also this:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5861268-o10-Flyinfinite_com_and_CheapBizclass_com-Air_Travel.html

But I have no personal experience.