What have you learned today?

210 posts in this topic

The quote from the American woman who was cheating on her husband and conceived twins from two Fathers: :lol:

“Out of all people in America and of all people in the world, it had to happen to me. I'm very shocked,” Miss Washington said.

Guest - fair enough that you have your own experiences, but I am qualified and work in, reproductive medicine..

As I said, stress affects the amount of ejaculate, which means that excitement could also affect it, however the number of sperm within that ejaculate are unlikely to be affected. It's mostly the fluid.

The timing between ejaculations DEFINITELY makes a difference. Go too long, and there will be far too many sperm, lots of them already dead, clumping and making it difficult for the other sperm to swim. Jack off multiple times a day, and there will be very few sperm in each ejaculate. When trying to get pregnant, provided the man doesn't have any sperm deficiencies, once daily to once every two days is recommended.

You obviously have good swimmers if your wife got pregnant so easily, however she does have a part to play here too. It doesn't matter how good your sperm are if she doesn't ovulate, or if there are chromosomal problems with the egg, or if the egg can't implant due to endometrial deficiencies... so let's just say you are both very fertile and timed your intercourse perfectly.

Kamikaze sperm are a relatively new theory, but there are plenty of evolutionary mechanisms at play indeed, when it comes to competition in reproduction and these seem to be one of them. Remember, they can't fertilise an egg, so you don't want too many of them!

i figured everyone knew it meant fluid, not actual sperm count.  I would even offer that it could also be...ah...trajectory? A guy can have a so-so-orgasm where it sort of dribbles out like a boring after thought, or an amazing orgasm where it lands on your neighbours mercedes cabrio soft-top.  

When it comes to fertility, this also might increase successful fertilization.  More efficient hole-in-one, as they say. 

Today I've learnt a greater deal about sperm than I'd ever like to!

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

(Note to self - never shake hands with Guest)

At least not until he has disinfected them!

On 3.8.2016, 17:55:10, RedMidge said:

Well, I learned that dishwasher gel pacs bring a whole new meaning to laundry.  Tie dye has returned.  ( FF- no orgasm was harmed during this cycle)

right on, sister - spin cycle all the way :)

1 hour ago, Uncle Nick said:

At least not until he has disinfected them!

How do you know he does this with his hands? There are toys for masturbating, just like for women.

3 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

How do you know he does this with his hands? There are toys for masturbating, just like for women.

Or like Axl Rose, who apparently got two of his Ribs removed, so that he could bend down good and... :lol:

Brilliant work there, Robinson.  I am sure you felt shaky, and  shocked when the adrenaline wore off.

It is hard for people to react in these situations, and when the do not know what to do.

As RNs, we always had to do the annual re certification, of CPR/ ABC/ etc.  The constant refrain was -" If you do nothing, that person will die, so do something."

Recovery position, airway, compressions,-  these can make the difference between life and death.

So, a Gold star to you.

Good for you Robinson.  I have taken a couple of first aid courses and they say you have to be firm and direct specific people on what to do or nobody will do anything.  Say if you say "hey, you in the red shirt, stop taping this on your cell phone and call a fucking ambulance", odds are that he will but if you say "please, somebody call an ambulance", everybody will assume that somebody else will do it.

- hence I relied upon my colleague to make the call - I would bet that 90% of those stood around had a mobile phone with them, but decided not to even think that somebody would have taken the initiative!

1 minute ago, LeonG said:

Good for you Robinson.  I have taken a couple of first aid courses and they say you have to be firm and direct specific people on what to do or nobody will do anything.  Say if you say "hey, you in the red shirt, stop taping this on your cell phone and call a fucking ambulance", odds are that he will but if you say "please, somebody call an ambulance", everybody will assume that somebody else will do it.

Absolutely right- assertive and  choose someone to call the ambulance.

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

1 hour ago, Uncle Nick said:

@yourkeau: I don't, fraufruit mentioned the hands.

You're both kind of correct. I use a fleshlight sometimes, but not very often. I have a huge panty fetish and more often than not I use them to masturbate into. Either way, my hand is generally in no direct contact with my penis or the ejaculate. Just to clear that up.

Good job Robbie!

1 hour ago, robinson100 said:

Today I learned that all the first aid training I have done over the years, actually helps!

At work, being the boss, and working on the till, with another member of staff on the next one, I suddenly realised that somebody was shouting "hilfe" from the back of the store.

Well, I shut down my till and left the customers standing there, and ran to the back of the store, only to find a male customer collapsed on the floor, bleeding from a head wound, and a small group of other customers standing around, including the one who at least managed to shout for help.

Well, unconscious and bleeding from head, so I got him into recovery position, whilst telling another member of staff to call an ambulance straight away.

Compress to the head wound - okay, so we had nothing sterile, so I grabbed a new pack of towels that we had on sale today, and applied pressure to the wound with that, whilst constantly checking for a pulse.

Initially the pulse was weak, but there.

And then it wasn't.

Okay, so somebody helped me get him onto his back, where I check his mouth and checked for breathing and pulse again - nothing.

So, mouth-to-mouth it was, with a volunteer to do chest compressions - well, after two attempts, she realised that it was too much for her, leaving me alone to do the whole whammy!

About ten minutes later (felt like hours!), the ambulance crew and doctor finally turned up, took one look at the situation and just told me to keep on going whilst they got their stuff unpacked!

Anyway, not too sure of the final outcome, but alone the fact that nobody else was able/willing to get in there and "do" something, tells me that my training has all been worhtwhile.

glad to report that some colleagues are already talking about taking a refresher first aid course "just in case".

There´s a nicest person of the day thread somewhere on this forum, Rob! You should be there! Proud of you, babe!