What have you learned today?

210 posts in this topic

On 2 August 2016 at 19:40:17, Guest said:

I suppose I could be wrong, but that's been a theory of mine for a long time. The fact is that the more excited the male is, the greater amount of ejaculate he, well, ejaculates. So if the woman just lies there and lets him "do his thing" there is bound to be less sperm swimming around looking for the egg, than if she were exciting him by getting excited herself.

Anyway, that's my theory.

Even an "uninspired" ejaculate will contain tens of millions of sperm. A large ejaculate might contain a billion. So it is really hard..er, difficult to argue that anything the male subjectively feels about his mating partner, will affect the probability of conception. There are just so many sperm involved. What's most important for conception is the presence of an egg that is ready to be fertilized (given there's no other barriers to sperm mobility: contraception, sperm dysfunction, etc.).

2 minutes ago, royalplumper said:

difficult to argue that anything the male subjectively feels about his mating partner, will affect the probability of conception. There are just so many sperm involved.

That kind of goes against studies I have read, which claim that a man will emit more "attack sperm" rather than pregnancy sperm, if he thinks his partner has been sleeping with someone other than just himself.

I find it curious that anyone would try to challenge me on anything concerning sperm... :D

2 minutes ago, john g. said:

weiss ich nicht, Uncle..habe nie nachgeguckt / dunno, never looked!

Reminded me of a joke:

Dude1: What do women say to you after Sex?

Dude2: "Oh, that was great."

Dude3: "Oh, that was the best sex I ever had."

Dude4: "I think I love you."

Dude5: "Get out, my husband will be here soon."

Please become wise, Erdmann, and learn from us older men:

what does an Englishwoman say after sex: " do you want a cup of tea, dear ? "

What does a Frenchwoman say after sex: " glass of wine, mon cher? "

What does a Russian woman say after sex: " are you still alive? "

33 minutes ago, Guest said:

I find it curious that anyone would try to challenge me on anything concerning sperm... :D

Me too...

But it could be just a rumour that I heard....

48 minutes ago, Guest said:

That kind of goes against studies I have read, which claim that a man will emit more "attack sperm" rather than pregnancy sperm, if he thinks his partner has been sleeping with someone other than just himself.

There is/was no consequence on sperm production from males "thinking" about the situation. Males of a species can't will themselves to make more sperm. (Although the concept would be kinda awesome -- not for sperm, but for things like hair follicles.) Sperm production is hard-coded in the DNA. Sperm factories have an upper limit. Also, there's no differentiation between sperm -- the first one to the egg gets the prize. The rest get locked out, flushed out, and die.

Over evolutionary time, it was clearly advantageous in some species for males to produce more sperm in order to get their genes passed on to the next generation -- this culminated in the situation we have with most vertebrates today, where the males make way more germ cells than their female counterparts. But this isn't always the case: the opposite can be seen in other, generally "lower", species, where the sperm is much more sacred than the egg.

4 hours ago, royalplumper said:

There is/was no consequence on sperm production from males "thinking" about the situation.

"Male ejaculate consists a special type of ‘fighter sperm’ called ‘kamikaze’ that is designed to prevent another man’s sperm from fertilizing the egg, a new study shows.

Around 40 per cent of male ejaculate is made up of ‘fighter sperm’ known as ‘kamikaze’ which increases if the man suspects a partner of cheating."

http://www.counselheal.com/articles/7838/20131204/men-produce-fighter-sperms-to-kill-the-sperm-of-other-men.htm

One of the studies I have read that would disagree.

I would argue that I probably have less than 40% kamikaze sperm, because I have no doubt that my wife is faithful, and I'm quite sure my sperm doesn't need to block other dudes' sperm.

Study background: First time I had sex with my wife: Pregnant. As soon as we wanted another child: quickly pregnant. Same thing the third time.

If I had had another child with another woman, the kamikazes wouldn't have been present, because I wouldn't have cared if she had been with another man, and would have probably assumed she was protected.

Each time we decided to have another child, she got a "load" of no kamikazes and really fresh sperm, since no sperm has any time to get old with me. I think the doctors are doing their patients a disservice by telling them not to masturbate when they are trying to impregnate their wives. Masturbate as often as possible and force your body to keep up with the need for fresh sperm.

In summary: If you're a woman who wants to get pregnant, tell your dude to masturbate at least twice a day and to trust you.

Back on topic, assuming the topic is female orgasm: Dudes, ask your woman to let you watch her masturbate. You'll not only cum all over yourself, you'll find out what she likes. It will open new doors that you can use the next time you fuck her.

At a bare minimum you'll find out that she likes to be rubbed clockwise. No idea why that is, just do it while you fuck her.

4 hours ago, Guest said:

At a bare minimum you'll find out that she likes to be rubbed clockwise. No idea why that is, just do it while you fuck her.

I wonder if it's counter clockwise in Australia. 

I don't get how one man's sperm could "block" another man's sperm unless they had sex with the woman at the same time.

First come, first served and all that.

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I don't get how one man's sperm could "block" another man's sperm unless they had sex with the woman at the same time.

First come, first served and all that.

Doesn't it have something to do with pH changes? I read about this once upon a time.  But yeah, on a primal level ie. cave men times, thats what that would mean - biologically there are sperm meant to fight against another man's sperm. 

Anyways, i don't think Guest is wrong about amount of ejaculate/excitement and women's orgasms (real or faked).  Deductively, there should be an evolutionary function of a female orgasm, so that may be part of it.   

16 minutes ago, Joanie said:

Doesn't it have something to do with pH changes? I read about this once upon a time.  But yeah, on a primal level ie. cave men times, thats what that would mean - biologically there are sperm meant to fight against another man's sperm. 

Anyways, i don't think Guest is wrong about amount of ejaculate/excitement and women's orgasms (real or faked).  Deductively, there should be an evolutionary function of a female orgasm, so that may be part of it.   

Being as you mentioned cave men and the function of the female orgasm, I just read this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3717449/Scientists-finally-solve-mystery-female-orgasm-Climax-linked-prehistoric-women-s-need-stimulated-order-release-egg-fertilisation.html

If true, it's a wonder the human race survived .:D

Sure, but it says as well that cave women had their clit inside so reaching orgasm was much easier. It means as well that we, the male ones, are not really at fault.

Today i learned that the Daily Mail has a science section and it is hilarious. 

concerning Killer Sperm: sperm survives within the uterus for about 5 days.  The point is to kill another man's sperm that is already in there waiting for the female ovulation.