What have you learned today?

210 posts in this topic

I was told by a native speaker that all German nouns which are related to the good things will have masculine gender. Have to still experiment how true this holds!

das Bier

das Auto

der Winter...scheiß

Have learnt today (Thanks to TT members)how to cook great tasting chicken drumsticks!Thanks once again for the tips.

OK, two birthdays today - Perdido and husband :D

This afternoon's mission was to fill the house with balloons. Balloons were bought (at a hefty 2,90 a packet - WTF?) and brought home. I was then left floundering and wondering how the hell I was going to blow all the buggers up, without passing out every few minutes.

Bing! I gave each balloon a little shot of hot air from our Gaggia coffee machine and presto! From that moment forth each balloon was a breeze to blow up. No huffing and puffing.

BTW, balloons went down a treat :)

I have learnt today that MRI feels like 20 minutes of very bad techno/rave/trance(you name it)party.

:blink:

I am currently in Denmark and have learnt(to my disapointment)that they don't sell Danish bacon as we Brits know it,the butcher told me they only cut it that way for the export :(

Tony Burrows, the lead singer of Edison Lighthouse (Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes), was also the lead singer of The First Class (Beach Baby) and a member of The Flower Pot Men (Let's Go To San Francisco), along with Jon Lord and Nick Simper of Deep Purple fame. Talk about one hit wonders!

Today I have learned that I am absolutely 100% shit at carrying very heavy things (and assisting with carrying very heavy things) up the 3 flights of stairs to our apartment.

I also learned that it might be more difficult than I thought to do my Fernstudium... -_-

Ohh, I never knew that Bobbylines. I'm near Harburg and I didn't even know there was a Schloss!!!

Two in one day. :rolleyes:

Ooh, another one, I recently learnt why Segways are called Segway.

Never knew the correct pronounciation of "segue" meaning to move smoothly and unhesitatingly.

Why learn anything? Nehme zur Kenntnis and forget about it.If you need information you can always look here.(and google it, it is faster :) )

http://archive.org/ :)

Don´t be so rough with the dental floss, John. It was, zwar, Thai chicken..but now you have to be less lazy and clean the bathroom mirror!

I learned that the Golden Years can be more frightening than I had imagined. I just picked my [very large] elderly neighbor off the ground. He was howling in a panic... said that last time he was out working in the garden, this wasn't a problem. I learned that I shall now keep a better eye [and ear] on him.

I hope your neighbour will be fine, mlovett.

Yes, the Golden Years.

I haven´t learnt anything new today...but I´m optimistic..we´ve started going swimming a couple of times a week. I´ve realised doing 45 minutes without a break in the swimming pool is absolutely no problem..thought cramp might be a possible problem ( like last week.)..but No..not this time

The pool was full of people I´m starting to recognise as regulars...one or two are probably in their 70´s. Good for them!

Stave off your old age - DO something!

Disclaimer: but don´t block my path..you´re not in Aldi!! :D

( the lockers haven´t changed in the past 40 years..still no room for anything!!) :angry: Erm, so I HAVE learnt something new...

Well, Shorty has gone off to Papa for the weekend, and I remembered that she had asked me about our family tree - she has to have one drawn up for the first lesson on Monday.

Well folks, I have learned that it is bloody difficult to draw up your family tree without a template to follow - I started off just on paper and nearly went crazy for all the different lines going to different members of the family.

So, my tip of the day is, if you have the dubious task of drawing up such a thing, find a good template first!

Edit: I have also learned (and am not at all surprised!) that M is just the sort of helpful person you would want as a neighbour!

Well folks, I have learned that it is bloody difficult to draw up your family tree [...] - I started off just on paper and nearly went crazy for all the different lines going to different members of the family.

I didn't know you were from Alabama? ;)

Well, Shorty has gone off to Papa for the weekend, and I remembered that she had asked me about our family tree - she has to have one drawn up for the first lesson on Monday.

Well folks, I have learned that it is bloody difficult to draw up your family tree without a template to follow - I started off just on paper and nearly went crazy for all the different lines going to different members of the family.

So, my tip of the day is, if you have the dubious task of drawing up such a thing, find a good template first!

Edit: I have also learned (and am not at all surprised!) that M is just the sort of helpful person you would want as a neighbour!

Template? What´s wrong with a normal Christmas tree? I mean..reall :) y! It´s getting close to that time of the year...

Anyway, Rob, in your case , start with Joanne of Arc!

Perhaps you can download a template family tree from the Internet. Just sayin'. :ph34r: