Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Document requested by future employer

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I got a contract here in Germany. At the moment I work here in Germany for another company.

The new employer asked me for these documents:

1) Interim statements of your current employer (on tax bracket, vacation)

2) Vacation statement issued by your previous employer (if not stated on the interim statement)

3) Copy of your social insurance card (is the the card I got from TKK?)

4) Original membership certificate of your health insurance fund

5) Data sheet of your bank details (are they account number and BLZ?)

6) Original of your tax card

7) Original of your certificate of good conduct (is this the criminal record certificate?)

Thanks

Marco

3- I think they want your "Anmeldung zur Sozialversicherung" -> Sozialversicherungsausweis

5- Yes. They need to know in order to pay your salary.

7- Did they ask for "Arbeitszeugnis" or for "Führungszeugnis"?

Arbeitszeugnis = Reference in writing

Führungszeugnis = http://www.toytownge...showtopic=47845

1) and 2) are pure BS. How much holiday you had with your previous employer is purely a matter between your previous employer and you, completely none of your new employer's business. As for tax bracket, just tell them which tax class you're in (I, IV or whatever). This will be noted somewhere on your monthly paystub (or rather sheet, as it's done here). Look for "Steuerklasse" and see what's noted there.

EDIT: See posts #4-6 for clearer info on this!

3) You should have received a Sozialversicherungsausweis (more or less equivalent to a social security card) at some point - a small credit-card sized piece of paper with your number on it. Your new employer needs this number, the card should go back with your "important documents".

4) Ring up your Krankenkasse, tell them you're changing jobs and need a confirmation from them for your new employer. They will send you a letter confirming that they are your health insurer, which you need to give to your new employer.

5) Yes, name on account, name of bank, account number and BLZ

6) Not sure about this one, supposedly the "Lohnsteuerkarte" was going to be electronic from 2012 onward - but I seem to remember reading somewhere that this is delayed or something. When in doubt, ask your previous employer to return your Lohnsteuerkarte, and they should give you either the card itself or a printout of the details (just make sure you don't pass on the printout with all your salary info from your last employer).

7) Certificate of good conduct normally means a "Führungszeugnis", i.e. criminal record certificate. If you don't have one, go to the Gemeinde where you did your Anmeldung, to get one.

All the best as you start your new job!

1) and 2) are pure BS.

Not true. Employees are required to take 4 weeks of vacation (Erholungsurlaub in the official parlance) per year. If they change jobs, the new employer must know how much (if any) vacation the new employee took at the old job, to ensure this requirement is met.

Not true.

Oops... I was wrong, El Jeffo is right. Apparently there is a document called an "Urlaubsbescheinigung". However, I have to say I have *never*, in 14 years of working in Germany (and 6 different employers), had to present one of these. In fact, as I had understood it until now (and practiced it), how much holiday you have is regulated in your contract, most if not all employers will calculate this as xx working days per year, working out to xx working days per month. When changing jobs, it's the employer's responsibility (sometimes with a lot of reminding from the employee) to ensure that you have taken all the holiday days you are entitled to (or are reimbursed if unable to take the days).

In extension to what El Jeffo said above many companies also have restrictions on taking holidays during your probation period, usually six months. However, if you haven't taken at least a two-week holiday in the previous six months then exceptions can be made but again, they need proof of what holidays you've taken.

Thanks all.

I have already applied for the criminal record document and sent it to my new employer...maybe they lost it :)

About sozialversicherung, I have received a piece of paper containing my social number, that's all.

Ok, I will call TKK.

Instead, for Lohnsteuerkarte I have, containing my tax number (Steuernummer, right?)

Thanks a lot

Marco