Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is it possible to buy quorn in Stuttgart?

7 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend any ready prepared veggie dishes from shops or any restaurants offering meat-free food?

AFAIK, quorn is not available at all in Germany. You can get quorn products in Switzerland, at the Migros supermarkets under the brand name "Cornatur".

For other readymade vegetarian dishes, try the bio/organic stores (Stores similar to the American Whole Foods gives info on organic stores in Stuttgart) or the Reformhaus.

EDIT: Vegetarian restaurants in Stuttgart

Sorry, can't give you any help on how good or not the individual restaurants are.

Aldi has it's own veggie meat products that are decently priced. You can also check out Al Natura or any Reformhaus like the.frollein mentioned. I particularly like stuff from Taifun and Wheaty. Rewe also sells a brand called Valess that is usually in the meat/packaged "fresh" pastas section.

Edit: Frollein's post reminded me of Coox & Candy, Stuttgart's first all vegan restaurant. I've eaten there. It was pretty good but that was also a test dinner before they opened shop. I suspect it has only gotten better.

My local Marktkauf has a fairly large range of fake meat things - they're a bit variable but worth trying. I'll second Al Natura as well, their range is pretty good (their tofu is good as well).

I really wish quorn was available here.

If quorn is sold in Migros Supermarkets, there is one in the Breuningerland mall at Ludwigsburg. Bit of a schlep but will look on Wednesday when I get my hair cut to see if they sell it.

I'm Swiss (on paper at least) and really like Migros - so I got all excited when I found out there are Migros supermarkets in Reutlingen and Ludwigsburg. Made the BF schlepp down to Reutlingen, to go shopping... and discovered that it's NOT a real Migros. They have a (to my mind very small) selection of Migros stuff scattered throughout the store, the rest is just a normal Marktkauf or whatever.

In other words, don't count on Migros in Germany having the quorn products in stock - you might have to go to a Migros actually physically IN Switzerland to get them!

Not that this helps the Stuttgarters but I can see if they have them at the Migros in Freiburg too. I feel like maybe I did see them once and was surprised by it. Or I'm imagining this all, which is also just as likely. :)