Super Bowl Live

49 posts in this topic

Add Shamrock Irish Bar to the list, Trautenwolfstrasse 6, 80802, Munich. In Schwabing, close to U3/U6 Giselestrasse, or 54/154 bus routes.

No cover charge and food wise they usually sell a variety of pizzas and hot dogs, not sure if they're on again. I have a table booked for 10 people, with 3 spots open. There is always plenty of space left so feel free to come down.

You still get the original commentary and the full halftime show. Everything is the same, except for the commercials.

AND a buffet from 10:00 onwards.

(Hard Rock)

AND a buffet from 10:00 onwards.

(Hard Rock)

I dunno dude I heard bad things about that place.

Hey there,

Hot-Shot - http://www.toytowngermany.com/munich/hotshot.html - in Herzogstr. 29, 80803 Munich.

is showiing the whole Superbowl Game tonight!

There´s also food and the bar is opened until 5 am every day, so no worries that someone would have to leave early...

See you tonight!

Hello locals:

I will be in Munich the week following the superbowl so will miss it live. Can anyone let me know where I may watch it? I am hoping it wont be shown till Monday evening as will be in a training class all day.

Thanks in advance,

Garry

Loveland, CO

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

It will be on ESPN America so you can watch it live if you have the channel where you are staying. They will probably replay it minus commercials on Monday. One of the clubs in Kult Fabrik has a showing hosted by the Munich Cowboys. Usually draws a couple hundred people.

Same as every year... Just about every sports club, bar, expat hangout in town will be showing the game live

or from tape the next day.. Just watch out for the adverts. Ya still got a few weeks left to wait anyway.

Tonhalle: claims to be the largest Superbowl party in Germany. Looks good.

Not sure why a girl in a USA flag bikini with a football is on their poster, but whatever.

Included in the 8 Euro entrance fee is a half liter of Paulaner beer.

I assume the food, if any, will be horrible hotdogs and gross hamburgers you wouldn't feed your dog. Any suggestions on what to eat in that area?

The game will be on German TV with German commentators, if you only want the game. It can also be found on the Internet with English announcers. If you feel the need to have others around you, many bars will be open for it, with varying degrees of Americanness. The Tonhalle may be the largest venue in Munich and I was there a couple years ago, not finding the TT group who had seats on the beer benches. I was clever enough to have my own lawn chair with me and sat semi-comfortably in the dank, smelly hall, with a reasonable view of the large screen. If you go there, arrive early and bring a cushion or your own chair, as 5 hours on a wooden bench with no backrest gets uncomfortable. They will not have the Superbowl commercials, if that's what you want to see. You can find them later on youtube. As my Green Bay Packers didn't quite make it, again, I will likely just watch at home, the Deutsch version.

You can bring in a chair? That would be awesome...Was everyone standing around so you couldn't see??? Anyone have reservations? I am a big niners fan and want to check this out...

I brought two foldup camping chairs with me, just in caise, and left them in my car. When I couldn't find the TT group that was supposed to be about 20 people and I saw the hall, I went out for my chair and sat alone. I managed to be close enough to the big screen and a bit to the side so that I had a proper view of the action. The beer tables and benches were pretty full, so I was glad to have my own seat. They have a few München Cowboys and cheerleaders there, with a little bit to do and play before kickoff. The food is not exactly a delight, as you expect - standard imitation American offerings - but it fills the hole. Apparently the TT fans in the know are meeting somewhere privately and not sharing their whereabouts. If you want something classier than Tonhalle, you might go to Champions Sports bar in the Marriott, where the food is better, but arrive plenty early if you want a seat.

Any last minute plans here? I'm looking to watch the game somewhere. Hard Rock Cafe is all booked up. I tried calling Kennedy's but got no response. I may just head there to see what it looks like before possibly heading to the Tonhalle, which doesn't really appeal all that much...

GS

there's an espn program in the "buergerheim" too, at Bergmannstr. 33

http://www.augustiner-buergerheim.de/ (info on the upper right)

I've been to Champions several times in years past, never needed a reservation. It gets packed, but there was never a cover charge either. Might have changed though...

Champions is an American Sports bar. You almost step across the ocean when you enter. They have a large screen projector and lots of smaller TVs all over. You can eat your cheeseburgers and nachos there amongst the crowd. Don't be surprised if not many people stay to the end of the game -- most are not football fans, just party fans who want to sleep before work. Kunstpark Ost usually has a party that is bigger and grubbier. Beer tables and benches instead of restaurant tables and chairs, but with Munich Cowboys cheerleaders and some players. Still not all hardcore fans, but maybe more knowledgeable about American football. I suggest you arrive early at Champions, even with a reservation, because it gets full.