Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wondering what to do with dog waste from my pets

9 posts in this topic

So I am trying to be a good pet owner and pick up after both of my dogs. We finally found biodegradable plastic dog bags to put the poop in, now just wondering if it goes in the regular trash or if it can go in the bio-trash. We were thinking it could go in the bio-trash but after reviewing the Awigo website and book they sent us, I'm not so sure. I couldn't find any info on what to do with it. I just assume, from what I have observed, that other pet owners are not picking up after their pets so why would they need to tell you what to do with it. Any one know what trash can it is supposed to go in?

I put my dog's poos in with the regular waste, but was always a bit worried that I was making a mistake. I'm happy to discover it's all OK.

In agreement with swimrn though, there's loads of poo all over the place here. Germany hasn't met my expectations in the picking up after Fido category. I just wish my town could remind me of Paris in other areas than this!!

This is an old thread, so I was just wondering if the advice still holds...is it really true that dog mess should be thrown in Restmuell? Given the surprising amount of mess from a puppy, the farmer's field next door isn't a good/fair longterm solution (although my German inlaws seem to think it perfectly acceptable).