Accommodation in Hannover

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I am coming in Hannover to do my PhD at the MHH and I am looking for some advice regarding the housing situation in the city. I just found out about this forum and I have read a lot of interesting topics so far. It's very helpful for new people coming in Hannover, thanx a lot! :) I am wondering if it is a good idea to look for accommodation near the University, because I can see it is quiet far from the center and I don't know if its worth living there. What would you suggest? As a second option, the obvious would be to search in the center (near the train station maybe). However, I am not in favor of living in such districts as they can sometimes be dangerous at night. Could you recommend any nice and safe area in the center of the city or any nice suburb with good communication to both MHH and the center?

Any information would be of great help to me!! Thank you very much in advance! :)

Hi.

There's not much action in this part of the forum but if you have a Facebook account you might want to join the Hannover4EnglishSpeakers group there.

The MHH is a 15 minute tram ride from Hannover city centre so not that far away.

The MHH really isn't far from the centre of Hannover (I used to work there). It's really easy to get to on the UBahn /Subway (has it's own station). You could look for a flat in Kleefeld or Südstadt but the prices will be crazy!

Hey new to hannover, have you checked out the uni accommodation for the MHH? I'm studying at the Leibniz-Uni, but they housed me in student accommodation near the MHH. I'm in a little bedsit thing for 193 euros a month, but you can get family-sized flats for about 250 :) They should guarantee you it if you're a student, I was when I applied.

Thank you all for the info! @zoe09 I finally managed to get a room in one of the MHH dorms. Where do you live? Maybe we will be neighbours :) Its very good that the Uni provides accommodation however I think of it as a temporary solution. I am going to stay in Hanover for 4 years and I would like to have my own apartment in a nice area and with a reasonable rent :)