Cosmetic surgery, My Arse!

37 posts in this topic

As toytowns Newme thread has been highjacked and folk have climbed on their Moral "High horse" and spouted alsorts of tosh, I actually wondered how many here have had surgery to cosmetically enhance them self or has tried to cosmetically enhance their appearance?

Me Personally.. I like "Natural" , with or without fluff...

Only been with one chick that had a boob job... they were ok, but cant help feeling how she wood have looked without it... They were quite small after the surgery...

Random Tit Picture...

post-20684-13246686337878.jpg

Piggy, I think that you in particular just feel good and natural in the body that you have been given - some people do not!

Obviously, there are dangers associated with any kind of surgery, but there really are cases where a person suffers so much in their natural body, that it really is the only healthy option for them to have surgery.

Me? no, I probably would not have cosmetic surgery based upon what I have at the moment - okay, I am no beauty queen, but there is nothing that is so outragious that I really have to get rid of it or have it tampered with.

If on the other hand, I were to suffer bad facial scarring in an accident of any kind, I would most definitely pin my hopes on surgery to make the most of what remains...

I wouldn't alter my appearance as it is today. I've got plenty of things that I don't particularly love about my body, but I'm okay with the overall bluebell.

I can't say, though, that I'm against it. I can envision myself getting surgery if I had an accident, perhaps a boob job later on if I'd had a breast removed due to cancer, or hell, I may even consider lipo one day down the road. That being said, I've had braces and had my teeth whitened a couple of times. I also had laser eye surgery because I was sick of wearing glasses. Sure, those are all routine and "accepted" procedures, but they're definitely examples of cosmetic enhancement. I'm not one to judge others, and even if others judge me, it's not really any of their business.

People get cosmetic surgery for different reasons, and I think if it makes that person happier, well, more power to them.

"Face-lift" surgery usually results in a generic look unless you can afford to pay tons of money. One of my sisters had breast augmentation to give her a B-cup. A couple of my aunts had face-lifts and I didn't see a lot of difference. Both negated the benefits of smooth skin by returning to their pre-surgery smoker status. One suffered a cut nerve during surgery and had to wait almost a year for it to regenerate, living with a lop-sided smile until then. A friend of mine discovered her bosom was suddenly asymmetric because one implant was leaking, and had to have repeat surgery.

Personally, I'm happy with the face I have - it's mine and that's it. Like rob100 I'd have surgery to repair facial scars so I wouldn't frighten babies or horses.

Hell yeah!

In fact I think I'll get a pair of blokes boobs! Then I won't have to glance at the other ladies on the beach - I am hopeless at it. Perhaps its the tongue on the floor but I always get caught.

If I were a woman I'd be under the knife all the time. Be a right tart me.

Actually, talking about your arse Piggy, well, maybe I should take a closer look... :rolleyes:

No cosmetic surgery here, no. No qualms or moralism about people who choose that route.

I reckon I could have been convinced when I was in my 20s or so if someone had said " have this or the other done - it´ll make you look sexy to the women and it costs nothing ". Well, I bought contact lenses for vanity purposes at that time when a potential girlfriend said I´d look better without glasses! Prefer my John Lennon-style glasses now!! Less dust in the eyes when out in the street...

Otherwise, I live with what I have ie a semi-functioning body, still breathing well, still moving, still healthy, no chronic diseases.

That´s more important for me - feel cool about yourself and if you want to change - change because YOU feel better - not because of outside pressure or inferiority complexes brought about by other people´s opinions and snide remarks. ...

PS: have an unoperated on gallstone for sale...going cheap...Xmas special!! :)

Sorry to be pedantic but strictly speaking there are two types of surgery with different definitions that are being lumped together. One is cosmetic surgery - breast augmentation, nose remodelling etc. By definition it is not medically necessary (leaving aside the psychological trauma of being flat-chested!) The other is plastic surgery - reconstruction of the face or body after an accident or operation, for instance breast reconstruction in breast cancer patients. It is considered necessary. The first is generally not covered by medical insurance the second is covered. So in fact you can sum up most people´s attitudes in cosmetic surgery - thank you but not for me and plastic surgery - yes if needed and happy that surgery offers this opportunity!

I definitely agree that cosmetic surgery after an accident or disease or something else leading to disfigurement is the way to go for anyone afflicted by this, if wished.. No doubt. I can really understand this. I guess I´ve been lucky that nothing has happened to make this necessary for me. Thanks for that post, chartreuse. You are right.

Thought of this line by comedian Daniel Tosh:

"I'm all for women who get plastic surgery, because plastic surgery allows you to make your outer appearance resemble your inner appearance — fake..."

Comedy aside, plastic surgery is a person's choice. If you have the money, and need the mental/physical correction, go for it, but study the risk carefully.

I would like a tummy tuck, but other than that not something I would go for really...its been 21 years since my last child so if I haven't done it yet I probably wont do it any time soon...

After thousands of women had their boobs ... recalled, I'm not sure how advisable it would be to go for elective cosmetic surgery. Plastic surgery, as defined above by chartreuse, is another story altogether.

Why are we all so obsessed with other people's choices?

I'm guilty, too. I can spot an eye job, face lift, lip job, botox a mile away and it distracts me.

There must be a support group for this affliction.

There is one cosmetic surgeon in my hometown here and I run into people with the exact same eyes everywhere.

An old high school friend turned around at the grocery store and asked, "Fruity, is that you??", through these horrific blown up lips and her face was frozen. I wasn't even wearing make up.

Frightening.

Question: what is worse than plastic tits?

Answer: a cardboard box.

That is all.

Ahhh... for the simpler days. After breastfeeding 4 kids (which very few American women did in the 60s), my mother stuffed cotton balls in her padded bra [the bosom shrinks after it's used for food, in case you didn't know]. Yeah, I said it. Her TOP SECRET, though she knows plenty of U.S. government secrets. She'd be mortified.

I wouldn't have cosmetic surgery [though I suppose I'd consider it if I needed a prosthesis due to disease]. Guys stuff socks down their tighty-whiteys, I can buy a Wonder Bra (I nursed only one kid, after all).

Someone in my step-family surgically went from an A cup to a DD. I didn't recognize her at my own Dad's funeral. She is a Texas madam, apparently. Um, what that means is, she is now the boss of hookers, formerly a Mormon [= puritan/ prude] that I used to babysit. She never had much in the brain department, so I suppose she did what she could to make money. 'Nuff said.

As usual the ones bashing plastic surgery are the ones that never had it. It is easy to spot bad plastic surgery, like bad makeup. If you prefer not wearing makeup that is great for you. I prefer to put a little mascara and lip gloss on before heading to the door, so shoot me.

Good plastic surgery includes laser hair removal, teeth whitening, injections for varicose veins....not just pretty titties. Saline implants under the muscle move and feel like natural. It is hard to bash someone that looses a ton of weight by going to the gym and yet can never get rid of that extra skin around the middle. Good for them if they choose to have it removed.

How about the surgeries that made the stars who they are? Demi Moore, Tom Cruise, Cher, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston...