The Beast of Kandahar captured

12 posts in this topic

So last week, on December 4th, precisely what the US didn’t want to happen, happened.

An RQ-170 Sentinel unmanned drone somehow came into the possession of the Iranians.

US officials have naturally denied they were spying on Tehran’s nuclear program and violating their airspace and claim that it was "flying a mission over western Afghanistan" when control was lost.

The Iranian Army's electronic warfare unit claim they overrode the controls and captured it of course.

However it happened, it happened because Mr. Obama has asked for it back and also Donald Rumsfeld’s frisbee.™

Quite a catch for the Iranians. Or is it?

I wonder how this one will play out and how the US can carry out damage limitation.

The US could send a drone to destroy the drone the Iranians captured!

Yeah, now that it is stored in a secure warehouse probably in a populated area and shown at conventions surounded by journalists? That is not going to happen. Even if Rick Perry was president...

No worries!!! Hey Iran, Can We Get Our Drone Back?

"We've asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond," Obama said at a news conference. Obama said he wouldn't comment further "on intelligence matters that are classified."

I'm sure Obama's request will go fullfilled..so don't stress, be happy because we love each other and our enemies are our friends!

To my persian friends, I know there are political and religious differences between us, but I think the future lies in your free mind and voice, not on an imposed religious mandate and oppression..

Russia and China are going to be real friendly to Iran for a while. Not a great situation.

I sure hope President Obama remembered to say "please" when he asked for it back.

I heard some Iraniuan kid was playing his X-box and ended taking over the thing. Doesn't matter really X-box sucks. because

So how is the Beast in Iranian hands?

The most exotic claim is of course 'it was hacked'. This is also the one least likely to be true and ironically the one explanation that the speculators seem to long for. The possibility of a spy plane flying with a datalink continuously active is quite low. There are many reasons for this, but security (exposing the communication channel for long durations) and power consumption (to power the receiver and, in some cases, a transmitter for two-way communication) are chief concerns

-- http://livefist.blog...t-was-lost.html

worth a read given that the article discusses why or why not should we believe that the drone was captured or hacked.

Also the pictures show that the drone was damaged badly. - http://theaviationis...08/stealth-pix/