Moving to Germany and leaving the US behind

174 posts in this topic

Hello to all! Look, I'm going to be straight forward with you all. I love America, I truly do, but I don't like the way things have been operating here over the last 10 or 12 years. The economy is not looking good. Illegal immigration is really bad, and only going to get worse, and I can't imagine what it will be like in 15 years! The education system takes a back seat to many things less important, and no one seems to care that schools are closing down. Especially, Albert Pujols, Floyd Mayweather etc. anytime a boxer makes 27 million dollars in a 12 minute fight, and then flashes 100 dollar bills at clubs makes me sick. That 27 million divided by 27 thousand equals 1000 elemtary school teacher salaries at 40 schoools. Kansas City shut down 30 some schools last year alone. Now I know this isn't Albert Pujols fault that he will make 220 million over the next ten years, but its the principal, and what has been a large growing problem in this country for a while. There are no convictions over here, your neighbor will steal from you, and people kill there own kind! Pretty sad!

People here would willingly call me a traitor for wanting to leave as if they practice true patriotism, but to tell you the gods honest truth, my ancestors traited my native land of Germany just a short Century ago! I want to come home! I have a trip scheduled in June! and Need to find a good job. I'm obviously fluent in English, I will have my four year degree in June in Accounting, and plan to get my Masters in Statistical Research. If anyone see's this message and has some good news for me please let me know. I can help your organization as long as it pays the bills, and get me and my family to Germany.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Ted V.

anytime a boxer makes 27 million dollars in a 12 minute fight, and then flashes 100 dollar bills at clubs makes me sick.

I would have to say, that is a very smart and lucky MoFo,

Doesn't he have a credit card then? It saves you having to carry lots of cash with you.

The economy is not looking good. Illegal immigration is really bad, and only going to get worse, and I can't imagine what it will be like in 15 years!

Welcome to Europe!

Well, as mentioned earlier, those problems are also present in Europe.

In fact, I would like to add that no one knows if things will be better here than the States after a few years or months (when the euro might not exist).

Personally, I think I would stayed there a little bit more time.

But IMHO there is no need for so much bad criticism.

miinerva and the rest,

thank you for your responses. As for not finding a job and keeping things to myself, don't you think I don't know that??? Don't you think I've thought of all that before I said it. Do you think I would post something like that everytime I post for a job??? goofy! Look I'm going to step out on a limb and predict that I'm not going to get a job from this post regardless of what I say. I posted probably 25 different reach outs for jobs yesterday on about 5 different sites. This was just a release of energy, because outside of my wife we are the only two that know we might move to Germany.

Look, I'm a Vasholz, my mom's side is a Ludwick. I just want to visit where I come from, and possibly move there. I will be the judge of which country is a bigger "SESSS POOOL" I think I already know that answer.

As for me, PEOPLE COME ON! I don't need a lecture from you. I'm a simple man, with a difficult plan. I will learn German, and I hope to live there one day.

I'm a simple man

Oh, hohum. Go back to sleep, teddyrukk. What you want to do was possible forty years ago, but not now.

I'm a simple man, with a difficult dream.

There, I fixed it for you.

I'm sorry, but there's nothing about our initial posts that's indicative of your simplicity. I just can't see it.

As for me, PEOPLE COME ON! I don't need a lecture from you.

You clearly didn't read very many threads before posting.

OP, you do realize that you'll have to pay about 45% of your salary for taxes and health insurance and that you won't be able to shop or wash your car on Sunday, right?

If you do want to move, try to get an accounting position with an international firm in DE or go to university. There. Problem solved. You will soon be able to complain about the GEZ people and the lack of brown sugar.

Hello to all! Look, I'm going to be straight forward with you all. I love America, I truly do, but I don't like the way things have been operating here over the last 10 or 12 years. The economy is not looking good. Illegal immigration is really bad, and only going to get worse, and I can't imagine what it will be like in 15 years! The education system takes a back seat to many things less important, and no one seems to care that schools are closing down. Especially, Albert Pujols, Floyd Mayweather etc. anytime a boxer makes 27 million dollars in a 12 minute fight, and then flashes 100 dollar bills at clubs makes me sick. That 27 million divided by 27 thousand equals 1000 elemtary school teacher salaries at 40 schoools. Kansas City shut down 30 some schools last year alone. Now I know this isn't Albert Pujols fault that he will make 220 million over the next ten years, but its the principal, and what has been a large growing problem in this country for a while. There are no convictions over here, your neighbor will steal from you, and people kill there own kind! Pretty sad!

People here would willingly call me a traitor for wanting to leave as if they practice true patriotism, but to tell you the gods honest truth, my ancestors traited my native land of Germany just a short Century ago! I want to come home! I have a trip scheduled in June! and Need to find a good job. I'm obviously fluent in English, I will have my four year degree in June in Accounting, and plan to get my Masters in Statistical Research. If anyone see's this message and has some good news for me please let me know. I can help your organization as long as it pays the bills, and get me and my family to Germany.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Ted V.

I wouldn't want you to work for me, even if you were willing to volunteer. You have such a negative vibe and from what you posted you don't seem to have any discretion.

People here would willingly call me a traitor for wanting to leave as if they practice true patriotism, but to tell you the gods honest truth, my ancestors traited my native land of Germany just a short Century ago! I want to come home!

Look, I'm a Vasholz, my mom's side is a Ludwick. I just want to visit where I come from, and possibly move there.

Why haven't you visited before if you love Germany and your German ancestry so much? Just because you have German ancestors from way back doesn't mean that Germany is your native land and that it's your home. Surely America is. Besides, Germany and its culture has changed a lot in the past century. Your family's memories of "home" are frozen in time. Your ancestors would feel quite foreign if they were able to come back for a visit.

As for me, PEOPLE COME ON! I don't need a lecture from you. I'm a simple man, with a difficult plan. I will learn German, and I hope to live there one day.

You're certainly not the first poster who has come to TT, spouting off about his/her own country and announcing a wish to move to Germany to escape your terrible CESSpool of a home country.

I don't know whether you expect to be applauded for your keen political insight and courageous plan to change your life, or what, but you won't get that here.

Germans don't welcome immigrants without special skills (by that I don't mean in accountancy) and language fluency any more than Americans do, be warned.

People here would willingly call me a traitor for wanting to leave as if they practice true patriotism, but to tell you the gods honest truth, my ancestors traited my native land of Germany just a short Century ago!

I can't for the life of me figure out what this means (traited?), but if you think that leaving your own country is equivalent to becoming a traitor, you need to review Article 3, Section 3 of the US Constitution.

Seriously, who would write something like that and ask for a job at the same time.

He may want to give his English skills an overhaul, since he isn't too fluent in that either before learning German.

Honestly, just by reading these posts I feel a need to smack him soundly for being so utterly annoying. Listen, pal, this isn't your "home" and no, things are not better here either. Especially for people like you who have no needed skills or the lingo.

Have you even been to Germany before??