Pearl Harbor or 9/11?

143 posts in this topic

The word you are looking for is ridiculous, which fits most of the statements you made. And now you are insulting our intelligence. Yeah definitely not your crowd, one kike, one Catholic, one free-thinker and a gay guy. Oh and a few black Americans on here too.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...we got americans here?

Just asking, but do not the Japanese claim to be divine and superior as being born from the "Divine Wind"?

Hear about the Ostfriesische kamikaze pilots?

They're having their 65th Annual Reunion next year...

So what happened to the Pearl Harbour thread?

Coming back on topic ... Pearl Harbour was a logical incident between two imperial powers (dogs fighting over bones if you like!)

9/11 and 7/7 were much more scary since they were the illogical acts of religious fanatics, whose religion continues to encourage such acts. Expect to see more Muslim terrorism in Europe as the fanatics get smarter... London 2012 anyone??!

Yes but you still cannot ignore the religious-like zeal and fanaticism that the japanese soldier held for the emperor before WWII ended. The japanese emperor was called the holy or heavenly sovereign and was the highest authority of the Shinto religion.

No diff than being told in 2001 you are either with us or against us. Not to bring up a can of worms but it comes down to what one deems a "zealot" then justifies their fight. So I can really understand why some japanese refuse to apologize. Dont condone it but understand it.

Pearl Harbour was a logical incident between two imperial powers (dogs fighting over bones if you like!)

9/11 and 7/7 were much more scary since they were the illogical acts

Not sure if that is correct: Historians nowadays seem to agree that Japan's military high command never believed it could win a war against the US. They didn't really want to fight this unwinnable war, but once it was decided to go ahead, they fought it with the highest imaginable degree of commitment. Is that "logical behavior of an imperial power"? :unsure:

Hmmn .. perhaps my use of the word logical was not logical!

Seems like some sort of non logical religious or patriotic belief is needed to get people to go to war. Sad that so many kids are still indoctrinated in that stuff :(

We could include the Oklahoma City Bombing too right? Oh wait, that's right...that "terrorist attack" was carried out by a US Army veteran and right-wing nutjob militia member.

Carry On.

Also, the Oklahoma City bombing killed 168 people (169 if you count McVeigh), not tens of thousands, like Pearl Harbor, 9/11, and their aftermaths.

So I can really understand why some japanese refuse to apologize. Dont condone it

You want an apology, even given that we dropped A-bombs on them? :huh:

You want an apology, even given that we dropped A-bombs on them?

I don't want it, but some veteran groups do. I say let this shit lie, petrify, and go all-bye. As well as fuck the D.A.R..

Also, the Oklahoma City bombing killed 168 people (169 if you count McVeigh), not tens of thousands, like Pearl Harbor, 9/11, and their aftermaths.

I didn't know we were doing the whole "aftermath" thing now. Are we talking "mental anguish" and "pain and suffering" like lawyers do?

Had the carriers been at Pearl Harbor when it was attacked, things could have turned out quite differently.. The US was lucky there..

Also, we dropped TWO bombs on the Japs.

I agree with vee-tail too. Pearl Harbor ran its course. It was a surprise, but a comprehensible one. 9/11 is different. We're still very much within the aftermatch of 9/11 too.. 9/11 hasn't played out completely yet.

Some big attack in the next days, in the midst of all this financial chaos, could thicken the plot..

... Also, we dropped TWO bombs on the Japs ...

The US dropped thousands of conventional bombs on Japan before turning to the atomic bombs.

The US dropped thousands of conventional bombs on Japan before turning to the atomic bombs.

I'm not so sure about that (and I didn't google) but I remember seeing a doco years ago that it was really difficult to actually bomb Japan .. too far away and no place to actually start the mission apart from aircraft carriers I could be wrong though I'll go now

edit- and too many small Islands or something

I'm not so sure about that (and I didn't google) but I remember seeing a doco years ago that it was really difficult to actually bomb Japan .. too far away and no place to actually start the mission apart from aircraft carriers I could be wrong though I'll go now

edit- and too many small Islands or something

Remember the 'Doolittle raid'.