Pearl Harbor or 9/11?

143 posts in this topic

Pearl Harbor. Many 1k's more lost their lives as a result of PH. The event lead to an actual (Declared) War, which culminated in another country getting nuked.

The Monroe Doctrine or maybe Manifest Destiny. Wait that last one was not world history although the native's world was crushed. So by default the Monroe Doctrine.

Wait I want to change my answer to jesus getting killed by the romans and the jews. I was being selfish in my earlier comment because that was pretty much just U.S. history.

Does it really matter which one was the MOST defining as both had a major impact on world history (wars, killing innocent or not)

While both of those were terrible tragedies, there are many other that would rate as defining moments.

In the same timescale I would list the dropping of the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Pearl Harbor, because it put America into WW2, thus ending with defeat of Italy, Germany, and Japan, who sought communist control and dictatorship over the rest of the major countries. 9/11 was also significant, though less involved, and nevertheless should not be taken lightly. This is an 'Apples and Oranges' comparison...one was of war and control, the other of terrorism and fanatical hate. So for today, let us remember Pearl Harbor...

Pearl Harbor, because it put America into WW2, thus ending with defeat of Italy, Germany, and Japan, who sought communist control and dictatorship over the rest of the major countries.

Glenn? Glenn Beck, is that you?

LE>t#s thinink about this carefully.

On the one hand: BOMB US MOTHTERFUCKER? YOUR ASSD IS GRASS!!

vs.

W"AHWAHWAH my pussy is fuill of sand.

woof.

Glenn? Glenn Beck, is that you?

Nope, just a guy stating the facts. BTW, I used to like Glenn Beck, until he went nuts!

Nope, just a guy stating the facts. BTW, I used to like Glenn Beck, until he went nuts!

Seriously? When did Glenn Beck go nuts?

While both of those were terrible tragedies, there are many other that would rate as defining moments.

In the same timescale I would list the dropping of the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Both significant. While not in the same time frame the invention of the movable type printing press was a MAJOR game changer.

Except, you know, the "communist" part of your post. Not a fact.

Anyways, if we have to choose, I'd say Pearl Harbor.

I don't think we'll know until the War on Terror is over. That is, never. ;)