Vaccinations for one year old

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

My 11 months old Son who will turn One on the Christmas Eve,will be joining me on 1st JAN.

We have completed the vaccinations which were advised by doctors for the first year.

But now I am not sure about the rest of vaccinations.

How does it work out in Germany?Do I have to carry the vaccines from India as per the vaccinations record given by doctors there OR I should just carry the vaccination record from India & discuss with the German doctors here?I am just not getting how to go about it.

Any new parents or parents from recent years to assist me on this topic?

Thanks.

You should show your pediatrician the Indian immunization records and he/she can decide what further shots your child needs.

Here's the German immunization schedule. Impfkalender

Just bring his immunization card from India. The pediatrician here will then decide which other vaccines your son will get. Just one advice, if you believe in vaccination, and want your child to have all the vaccines, then avoid a pediatrician who practices homeopathy. He will probably talk you out of giving all of the recommended vaccines, because vaccination here is not a requirement.

That would be incorrect to assume. You've got the information you needed in just a couple of replies.