The God-bothering loonies have arrived

396 posts in this topic

I still don't get what you're trying to achieve here. Like I said in a previous post, we've all heard of Jesus before and those that are that way inclined are already believers.

And those that are not are one step ahead of this guy and not one step behind. Every person in this country knows Christianity all too well, and if they have decided against it, it's because they realise it's complete nonsense, not because they are ignorant of it.

I wonder if Jesus really wanted his word to be spread around the world. During his lifetime his message was for Jews only as in his view the Jewish establishment had strayed from God's (who incidentally was/is also Jewish) path. His mission was to bring redemption to his fellow Jews and to the Land of Israel which was occupied by a foreign power. There have been many other failed Messiahs in Judaism, all with the same mission, the latest was Schneerson who died in 1994. The Jewish fundamentalist settlers in the occupied territories also believe that they are preparing the way for the coming of the Messiah who will redeem the land of Israel. Incidentally the Messiah is immortal, he doesn't just die. That's why Jesus and Christians are considered heretics in Judaism because he wasn't immortal and didn't save the Jews and the Land of Israel.

I'm an atheist.

Not sure where you got all this info from but you are totally off the mark.

Jesus was a very learned person, in fact he attended a Yeshiva(a religious school for Jews) and he became a rabbi. He however did not agree with the Orthodox rabbis and wanted to change the Jewish religious law. Sort of like Martin Luther. During his life he never announced himself to be the Messiah, his followers did. Rabbi Schneerson on the same token never claimed to be the Messiah, some of his followers however thought so.

And as far as the settlers are concerned, the settlers are settling in Israel cause they believe that additional to the 613 commandments listed in the Old Testament, there is a commandment to settle in the land of Israel. This is a controversial topic in Judaism however, while some Jews think it is nice to settle in Israel some do not consider it to be a commandment.

In Judaism, the Messiah is a normal person and not an immortal being. He will bring peace to everyone, to Jews and non-Jews. The coming of the Messiah will depend on the conduct of humankind.

Apropos the concept of heretic, it is defined by more than one word in the scriptures. Meaning there are many categories of heretics. However regardless of whatever category a heretic falls under, he is out to defame the holiness of God and his word. According to Judaism for example bowing down to idols is heresy.

Judaism states that both Jews and non-Jews have a place in the world to come as long as they do good deeds in this world.

Its either an act of God,Buddha,Allah,Vishnu or a scientific theory or fact.Mention a religion,or a hair brain scheme by some religious zealot in the passing and 16 pages of thread later,the original post has been struck by gravity and fell to the botom of the heap of comments.Or was it a bolt of lightning from above.Fact,fallacy or faith,never seems to dim the enthusiasm of all,so much fun reading the comments,boy have I missed TT.Maybe I will get roasted or toasted for these comments.

Has anyone heard about these lunatics since December? I looked at their webpage and it appears they stopped posting in February. I think they gave up.

I feel sorry for those in Berlin. Sometimes I just cannot believe people's stupidity.

There are plenty of things to do in Berlin other than publicly proclaim your love for the Sky Spirit of Your Choice. Perhaps our pilgrims have become enamored with the darkroom at Berghain. Or are in the middle of a month-long museum spree to refresh their minds or spirits. Or have run out of WiFi funds and are now dealing bubble tea at a pop-up bar in Mitte.

Or, for the pessimistic:

Now lay distributed at various organ banks throughout Europe, having chosen the wrong group of traveling musicians to preach the gospel to.

Or, for the pessimistic:

Now lay distributed at various organ banks throughout Europe, having chosen the wrong group of traveling musicians to preach the gospel to.

We can but hope and pray.

After all, German is beer country.

Top Ten Reasons That Beer Is Better Than Jesus:

a) No one will kill you for not drinking beer.

b)Beer doesn't tell you how to have sex.

c) They don't force beer on minors who cannot think for themselves.

d) Beer has never caused a major war.

e) When you have a beer you don't knock on people's doors trying to give it away.

f) Nobody has ever been burned at the stake, hanged or tortured over a beer.

g) You don't have to wait 2000 years for a second beer.

h) There are laws saying beer labels cannot lie to you.

I) You can prove you have a beer.

j) If you are devoted to beer then there are groups who can help you stop.

THE BEER PRAYER

Our Lager, which art in barrels,

Hallowed by thy fame.

Thy will be drunk, I will be drunk.

At home, as it is in heaven

Give us this day our foamy head,

And forgive our spillage,

As we forgive those who spill against us.

And lead us not to incarceration,

But deliver us from hangovers,

For Thine is the ale, the pilsner, and the lager,

Forever and Ever.

- AMEN -