The God-bothering loonies have arrived

396 posts in this topic

I think it's interesting that taking quotes from this page and not including the whole argument is wrong, but it's okay for false things to be said about me and my family. Funny how one is a travesty, but the other is common business.

I'm not trying to insult your family.

2 points though...

1. I find it somewhat amusing that you seem to think that there's anyone in Germany who hasn't heard of Jesus.

2. I saved for 5 years, sold my car and borrowed money (which I've since paid back) to finance a 1 year jaunt around the world some years ago. Imagine how stupid I feel now, knowing I could have gotten religious people and the taxpayer to pay for it.

If I ever get laid off I wonder if I could raise some funds and spread athiesm and the word of humanity to the Southern States of the US? I'm pretty sure they need more education that the guys in Germany about the word of Jesus?

Though perhaps he could start with evidence for the existence of Jesus...

On a serious note, if Jesus had come from this part of the world would he have been known as the German Shepherd?

On an even more serious note.

If Jesus was born in the middle east, descended from people who never made it anywhere near the continent of America, why did he get a Mexican name?

On a serious note, if Jesus had come from this part of the world would he have been known as the German Shepherd?

Then you'd have to call them dog-botherers.

Sorry to hear your wife is so upset. I have no doubt that you two believe in what you are doing. Based on your beliefs, one wonders that your wife isn't overjoyed at the prospect of saving all of the heathens in Germany and on TT.

I think it's interesting that taking quotes from this page and not including the whole argument is wrong, but it's okay for false things to be said about me and my family. Funny how one is a travesty, but the other is common business.

You are only presenting part of a conversation. You only chose some of the most negative parts of some posts. Common sense would tell you that that is wrong. I noticed you ignored what I said and are playing the victim card again. People are questioning your motives (and rightfully so!), but I don't see people saying false things about you and your family. I'm sure this all will be added to your blog soon

:D

I'm sorry I can only laugh.

So I am catholic, was raised in church - married my husband who was also an alter server. We love God. I have days and times (at work) where I even cry out to him - out loud so everyone can hear (in the form of how in Gods name can you be so stupid).

I think what our problem is that we are often very embarssed when people 'bring' their super 'we are american and know everything better than you' ideas. I know I am. I know that sometimes I try to hide when I hear americans in town.

Lets give this guy a chance. We also came here with our great ideas. He is coming to save our souls - maybe will leave with open eyes.

Can I be a uncivilized German Savage to?

Jesus ... Mexican

What's the difference between Jesus and a Mexican?

Jesus wouldn't get a tattoo of a Mexican.

post-48421-1322760548897.jpg

Kat asked me why we chose Germany, and I think that's a valid question that I'd love to answer.

I am of German heritage - my family came over in the early 1900s and settled in Wisconsin and Arkansas, all becoming farmers. One of these farms still survives today. We grew up in a German culture, and I've always identified with that culture. We would visit Germany from time to time as a kid, and I've been to Munich, Freiburg, Berlin, Stuttgart, etc and stayed with family in Essingen and Annweiler am Trifels. I love Germany and am excited to get to live where my family came from.

I know of the rich Christian heritage in Germany very well. My family is still Lutheran, and very involved in their church. I know many Germans who are in the church and love God and follow Jesus. I owe so much to my German faith heritage.

And many of you have asked about our method of raising finances to get there. I know it seems off, but that's the way missions churches in America do it. Churches and individuals who always want to share Jesus around the world help us so we can live modestly in Germany. It's the way it's been done for over 100 years, and is a healthy way to fund missionaries. I, too, have sold almost everything we have to fund our own journey, so it is of great cost to us as well.

And I know many of you have questioned why I would come to Germany since there are already so many churches, religious holidays, and religious people. I'm not coming to try and "change" their minds to be just like me. I want to come and serve those who are hurting, broken and searching. I know many of you are certain in your belief and are not interested in changing - and I promise to respect and honor that. You will never find me preaching on the street corner or knocking on your door with a pamphlet. I just want to live my life that represents Jesus well. If someone asks or wants to talk about it, I'd be more than willing. But I know how private German culture is - that's my family culture as well. And I respect and honor that. I fall on the "left" side of American Christianity here, and I know God creates a wide variety of people. And I think that's great. I don't to change you to be just like me. I don't consider myself to have a "leg up" on anything simply because I'm an American. Being an American doesn't make me any more special or "smart." I'm educated, but you guys are all probably loads smarter than me.

I'm not going to debate and try and prove anybody's beliefs wrong. I'm going to serve and hopefully help how people view Jesus. I know there is a lot of hurt because of what some people have done in the name of God and "the church." It's despicable how so many have been mistreated, hurt, and damaged because of pastors, ministers, churches who mis-represented Jesus. Shame on them. They do not represent me, nor the God I serve.

I'm sorry for those of you that have had religion shoved down your throat, or made to feel less because if how you did or didn't believe, or how you lived. Maybe I'm the first follower of Jesus to say that we are sorry. There has been a lot of crap that has come out of church and religion that just hasn't been Christ-like. And we know that. And I'd love to be a part of the solution in helping change that viewpoint. I would love to represent Jesus the way so many of you would have liked for him to be represented by Christians your whole life: loving, caring, open, and wanting to help those who are hurting. I won't be coming to look down on you or your lifestyle. I wouldn't do that here in the States, and I wouldn't do it there. I want to show you that not every Christian is that way. Some are good, simple people who live a life of faith and care about those around them. I am hopefully in that category.

We will be working with a small local church in Berlin that simply exists to help change crazy Christian stereotypes, and to serve the people in that community. It's simple. We chose Germany because we love it.

I really hope this bring some clarity to who we are and what we are doing. If anybody has any questions or hate mail, please drop me a message or an email. I'd love to answer them as best as I can.

If you would finance your trip out of your own ressources - all fine.

Collecting money to finance your trip to your favourite country (aside from the US ) under the pretext " to make Jesus famous in Germany" (you admit it isn't really neccessary) is nothing else than theft from the really poor and needy. Since your donators will simply just cut that amount from what they were willing to give in sum , e.g. 100 dollars.

10 for you and 90 for El Salvador, or 100 for El Salvador.

You are selfish.

Sounds like aaronalexander is one of those Christians who are trying to give religion a good name.

I don't agree with it all, but I appreciate you taking the time to explain some things.