The God-bothering loonies have arrived

396 posts in this topic

I feel a powerful urge to go and missionarize the Reeperbahn. particularly the strip clubs. Ill see if I can raise some funds.

this sounds like an excellent idea, I think I'll start similar fundraising to send me to Las Vegas

You need a mission.

I've just started a collection to spread the word of Perdido and make him famous.

did not take long for one of my coworkers to start in with telling me all about jesus, god, the book of morons, and so on. and he is german. so, this couple shall not be getting any donation from me; jesus is famous enough

"Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?" takes on a whole new meaning at Dollhouse.

The Reeperbahn? I guess Lilplatinum has the older rights.And he will defend them.

LP is on a Mission to China...

this sounds like an excellent idea, I think I'll start similar fundraising to send me to Las Vegas

Like this?

5HNsMl.jpg

Fruitcakes! I just checked out his Facebook page... Basically they are just trying to get other loonies to finance their vacation!

Just say, sorry too late Im a moslem and close the door.

I say I'm a glider pilot & go flying on Sundays.

Which reminds me of the tale of the vicar who was a member of a UK gliding club & before each winch lauch would shout out: "Nearer my God to thee..."

They're going about this all wrong. If they want to make Jesus famous, talking to university students in Berlin won't get them very far. No, they need to think bigger. Maybe form a political party, with Christian in the name that talks about Jesus and Christianity a lot. Germany doesn't have one of those, which is probably why only 60% of the country identifies themselves as Christian.

On the other hand, if they're just trying to scam money for a free trip to Europe, I suppose they're on the right track.

But why Germany? Why Europe?

Emerging People Groups. The urban centers of Europe are the new frontier of missions. The global worldview shift away from modernistic thought, combined with the flood of immigration, have given birth to new subcultures and people groups.

Need. Less than 2 percent of the population of most European countries claims to have a personal relationship with Christ.

Innovation. In societies so numbed to the institutional church, cultural rituals and historical Christendom, being a “missionary” often calls for something totally different than the traditional face of North American missions.

Opportunity. Despite the apparent rejection of Christianity, the peoples of Europe are more open than ever to spiritual discussions and experiences.

Relevance. Europe’s post-Christian worldview is coming (and has come) to America. By participating in what God is doing in Europe, you’re preparing yourself for the challenges of ministry in a postmodern America.

Obedience. God is raising up people from across the country (and around the world!) to get involved in Europe. What better way to create a good story is to serve with full obedience to God’s call!

So basically, it's all those foriners, the dull, uninventive German church that makes everyone yearn for someone to talk to, and the risk that Europeans might spread their ungodly ways to the US. And in some European countries just 2% claim to be Christians, so the 62% of German Christians are in trouble!

or pretend to be a Jehovah's Witness/Mormon, they'll run like hell

There's a guy on Eisenbahnstr. in Alt-SB here that does the whole Jehovah's-Witness-accosting-people-with-Awake-magazine here. I tried to pretend I am completely ignorant of the German language but it turns out he speaks (barely passing) English and I gave myself away. D'oh. I'm brown, I should have pretended to speak only some Asian language.