Christmas tree time!

49 posts in this topic

We Yanks need to get through Thanksgiving first (tomorrow), part of the series of over-eating episodes that we hold dear. Then the tree comes inside.

I've got a large blue Colorado spruce tree, live in an enormous pot, that I will use again from last year. Then it needs to go in the ground, where I will decorate it outside! Not looking forward to digging a huge hole, though...

Lovely tree.

post-33917-13220827064172.jpg

I have a nice USB Christmas tree

post-7126-13221337777983.jpg

They cost only €3.90 from Pearl.de.

Just plug it in to the USB socket on a computer to start the light show.

And if your computer is connected to the internet, then pure Christmas will flow into the tree.

I have mine at work. It cheers up colleagues and visitors no end. However I do keep stopping work to look at the tree and smile.

Germans have no clue about xmas, so never follow their lead. They celebrate xmas day on xmas eve FFS, which is

a - stupid. Why can't they look at a calendar? Do you celebrate your birthday on the day before your birthday? No. Not unless you are stupid.

b - A pain in the arse if you have kids. Keeping the kids up late, then giving them presents? Idiotic. No way on earth you will get them to sleep properly, and then they are grumpy little shits on xmas DAY when it is actually xmas.

Humbug humbug humbug humbug humbug humbug humbug. The only good thing about xmas in Germany (Munich) is that you might get snow, but actually, you very very very rarely do.

Totally agree. X-mas Day in Germany is a big stupid anti-climax. I'm the least patriotic person I know, but I feel like smothering mine in American flags and hamburger ornaments and putting it up in September.

i always thought 12 days before Christmas and 12 days after.Was taught by my parents and been doing it ever since.Goes up on the 13.12 and down on the 06.01

Xmas tree (fake) goes up around mid-December. Boring, but practical. No pine needles to clear up in Jan when the novelty's worn off.