Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tae bo classes

10 posts in this topic

Sorry for all the questions, but you all seem so well-informed! :~)

I'm wondering if there's a place in Munich that offers tae bo, a sort of wanna-be martial art cum aerobics. I tried Olympiazentrum when I first moved here last July, and it was just awful...I couldn't keep up with any of the German directions the teachers kept barking out, and moreover the music/etc was blehh.

So...are there any places that conduct the tae bo courses (as it's the only form of group workout I know, so I won't worry about having to follow directions too much!!).

If not, any place that offers a reasonable monthly rate and good dance/workout classes (that are english speaker-friendly, offer beginners courses in pilates/yoga (?) and don't take themselves too seriously) would be appreciated as a recommendation..

ps~close to schwabing would be a plus, but not a must..

There's a place near me in Rosenheimer platz that has lots of classes, including pilates and yoga, for beginners too I think. It's pretty English friendly and the manager told me most of the classes are in English but I haven't been to any. It's called Innings Sport and Spa and is right at the station.

Give http://www.munichgym.com/ a call for info.

A new Schwabing Gym but I can't vouch for the classes yet.

As for the music being blehh, Good Luck.

Could be the radio tax or something, but workout places in Munich (to my experience) pride themselves on their purity of Techno and the latest mixes scrounged by some DJ that takes public domain and runs it through their Casio Keyboard, creating something that makes you feel like Flashdance revisited rather than just playing the radio's request line.

Have fun working out but don't forget your leg warmers. <_<

I found the best place ever! Lady sportiv...for anyone wondering, most of the classes are in english (schwabing and i believe sendlinger tor) and they offer pilates, yoga and tae bo (among many other things)...it's also 100 euros off at the moment. I signed up..it's a great gym.

www.lady-sportiv.de

I've seen a simulacrum at the Steko Gym on Drygaskiallee. You'd need to check them out to see if they're kosher enough for your tastes.

MTV on Häberlstraße has a horrible version of it that should not be attempted. The instructor is clearly incompetent, and does movements that are meaningless from both a fitness and a martial arts point of view.

@ rubytuesdy

Doh, didn't realise that is was €100 off, I really should wear my glasses.

What is the actual cost at the moment and how long is that for?

Actually, the 100 euros off ended about a wk ago...and I got a good student angebot, for only 65 euros a mo. Normally, there's a 100 euro registration fee and then it's an additional 89 euros per month (6-month minimum).

But...it's not as fabulous as I'd initially thought...all of the classes are NOT in English as the person who signed me up lied. Try trying the relaxation part of yoga in German (virtually impossible)...ah well, I need practice in the language dept. anyway. ;)

Hi,

I live close by to the Schwabing Lady Sportiv and have checked out the website. It looks great but would like comments from existing members on what was not mentioned before you signed on the dotted line or general impressions about the place.

Thanks for any comments.