Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Experiences of the Swiss International School

8 posts in this topic

I will have elementary age children. I'm considering the Swiss International School in Fellbach and the International School Stuttgart. Does anyone have experience with SIS? I know the school has only been open 2 years and I am currently applied with both schools, one with a waiting list. We have heard good things about ISS, but I'd love feedback from anyone who went to SIS. Thanks.

My children attend SIS, in January they will have been there for two years. We are happy with the school and the fact they are in a truly bilingual school. The school continues to grow every year. I have answered questions about the school, but can't find them on Toytown. What grade will your children be in? We have three at the school (grades 2nd, 4th and 7th). If you have more questions about the school message me.

M2rk - We go to SIS too (thanks in large part to the advice and help of Sally555!). This is my children's first year there, they are in 3rd and 7th grade. We are very happy with the school. We believe it is the best bi-lingual opportunity in Stuttgart, it is a better price than SIS (if that is a factor for you). We are happy with the supportive nature of the school and the quality of education. the school is in its fourth year, I believe.

We are moving to Stuttgart this summer with our soon-to-be 8th grader in tow. This will be his first experience living abroad, and English is his only language. He is mature, smart, and even-keeled, so he will likely adjust well (we think!). :) We are considering the different international schools available, but I'm hesitant to throw him in to non-English coursework. I would love to hear from anyone who has older monolingual children and their experiences going into dual-language schools. Is this a good idea??? We will likely live in Germany from 2-5 years, though nothing is set in stone.

We don't want to isolate him from Germany or Germans, but we need to have some familiar things, too. This is why we thought an international school would be useful. Also, we like that the curriculum can allow him to easily re-integrate with American schools if we return. We feel that he can interact with locals via sports vereines (lacrosse, snowboarding, etc.) and music (saxophone).

We are considering:

- Swiss International School (though they haven't replied to our email). Our concern is the dual-language thing.

- International School of Stuttgart - Degerloch (English is the main language.)

- International School of Stuttgart - Sindelfingen Again, our concern is the dual-language. Interestingly, it looks like this branch of ISS has a different curriculum from what I can tell, though I'm not for sure.

I would appreciate insight into our situation in general or these schools specifically...

FYI: My husband's job will be home-office based, so really our residence will likely be based on accessibility to the chosen school...

OK, and one more thing - any opinions on Rosetta Stone to help us all learn a little German before we get there?

Hello Friends,

Currently discussing an offer to move to Suttgart from Dubai and found Swiss Inernation School Stuttgart within my budget.

I have 2 boys aged 9.5 and 4.5 (they speak english)and planning to put elder on in SIS fellbach in Grade 5 and younger one in German Kindergaten.

I understand that there is no school buses or transport to school so residence but be near the schools as I would need to tarvel for business and then my wife would find it convinient to drop children to school till she starts to get familar with language.

Please share your expriences with SIS.

My baby girl is turning 3 y.o. next year and we are considering SIS kindergarten.

Can anyone share experiences with us on SIS kindergarten? What is the environment like? How are the teachers? What activities do they do …..etc

Thanks a lot!

Hi everyone,

In July I will be relocating from the UK to Esslingen, I will be be bringing my 16 year old son with me and need to find a school for him that teaches in English. He would likely do the International Baacalaureate. He doesn't yet speak any German but has started some basics.

We have been in contact with the International school at Stuttgart (ISS) and will be paying them a visit in May.

We would however be interested in anyones views on the Swiss International School; does it cater well for English speakers, what is the school like overall, what are transport links like etc.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I've been in touch with the Swiss school but they don't go beyond year 10 (16 year old) so it's not an option.

They also suggested that my sons lack of German at this time would have been a problem.

So it looks like the Stuttgart International School unless anyone has any other suggestions.