Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

American Citizens Information Night, Frankfurt

13 posts in this topic

This information is for Americans who would like to attend, as well as perhaps have their group represented if they offer a service that is valuable to the American community in Frankfurt.

On Wednesday, November 30, the U.S. Consulate General in Frankfurt will host an American Citizen Information Night in our Atrium from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. The evening will be a fun, casual event intended to inform Americans about the services that the Consulate has to offer.

The event will involve entertainment, presentations and an information fair for U.S. citizen community groups like yours. All organizations, schools, places of worship, and other clubs that work with Americans will be invited. The Consulate will provide all participating groups with table space throughout the atrium to display flyers and other materials.

We think that this will be a great outreach opportunity and invite you and members of your organization to attend.

Please let us know if you would be interested in attending and having a table. You can RSVP and/or contact us with any questions at GermanyACS@state.gov. Please let us know the names of your group members who plan on coming and please include “American Citizen Information Night” in the subject line of your email. Once we hear from you, we will follow up with information on logistics.

* (this is a wonderful event for American Citizens to attend, especially if you are new to Frankfurt and the Rhine Main area)

* Leave your phones, cameras and other electronic devices at home as you cannot take them in the Consulate.

germany.usembassy.gov/acs/info_night

Thanks for that, Moondancer. My husband sent an email to the consulate to RSVP/ ask if I am allowed to attend, although not a USC.

If you are married to an American Citizen, you can come in with your spouse. Just bring your passport.

Do a search here on TT, I believe Munich does have one of these every year.

Yes, children can attend. It is held in the atrium, so lots of space for them to run around. They usually have free food and drinks, and the last couple of years they have had square dancing too, which is fun to watch.

If you visit the Consulate website, they will have more info on this event.

Yep, I will be there. Look forward to meeting fellow TT'ers too! Last year, my table was right at the front entrance. Just look for Frankfurt on Foot Walking Tours.

On Wednesday, 25 Sept. 2013, the American Consulate in Frankfurt will be holding their annual American Citizens Night from 16:30-18:30. This event is open to American citizens and their families.

A wide variety of information will be available from citizen services, such as Federal Benefits, IRS tax forms, birth and passport registrations and more. Most of the international schools and English speaking churches will be there, as well as the many other organizations and clubs. VFW, German-American Friendship Club, Square dancing, Frankfurt Ski Club, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and Democrats Abroad, are just a few examples. Frankfurt on Foot will also have a table, so hope you stop by and say hi.

Refreshments will be free, and there is usually some sort of entertainment. Could be square dancing or a choir, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

You will need your American passport to come in. Family members of American citizens may also come to this event when accompanied by a citizen. They will also need their passports. No phones, cameras or any other electronic devices are allowed in, and they will also not let you leave them at the entrance. Best is to leave them at home or in your car. Parking is available, but if you want to come by public transportation, the U-5 is one of the best ways to get here if you are coming from the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof or Konstablerwache. You would get off at the Giessener Str. stop. Alternative, depending on where you are coming from is to use bus 32 or tram 18 from the Konstablerwache, getting off at Friedberger Warte and walking around to the consulate. Bus 34 is also a good transportation choice coming from Bornheim or Rödelheim.

I must say I attended and I was genuinely surprised at how useful this was; especially as I needed information on taxes, new church etc. Everyone was very friendly and cheerful, a stark change to the German dourness. However, you guys were wrong to have so many bowls of Cheetos laying around, I completely OD'd. :rolleyes:

I kept stealing the peanut butter oreos! Snagged a couple of bags of Fritos too.

Nice meeting a few TT and FB people that I hadn't met in person before.

The American Citizens Information Night is happening on Thur. 25 Sept. from 16:30-18:30. As usual, leave your electronics at home or in your car. That includes handys and cameras.

If you have any kind of questions about passports, birth certificates, Fed. benefits, taxes, etc. this is the place to find out info and pick up forms.

Hope to see some of you there.