How to use the Sparkasse Maestro card online

12 posts in this topic

Hello Everyboday! I have a maestro bank card, and O would like to use it to buy somethings by Internet. The problem is tha I don´t what number I have to use. In front of the card I have the "konto number" and the "karten number" with 10 digists every one. In the other size I have the "bankleutzahl" with 8 digits: xxx xxx xx.

What number I have to use? konto or karten? And which is the CVV???

Thanks a lot!

It looks like you have an EC Card, which is just a debit card. Not a credit card.

The CVV is a 3-digit code on the back side of a credit card (next to the signature). There is no CVV for a debit card.

If the site allows you to pay by debit, you need to enter your Kontonummer and Bankleitzahl.

Indeed. That's the German site's "Lastschrift" electronic debit option of course. Not the 16 digit debit card option that a lot of us are familiar with from the UK / US debit cards from visa etc that we use on international sites.

The use of "Kreditkarte" on German sites is confusing - it means debit card of the visa etc sort too.

Hello Everyboday! I have a maestro bank card, and O would like to use it to buy somethings by Internet. The problem is tha I don´t what number I have to use. In front of the card I have the "konto number" and the "karten number" with 10 digists every one. In the other size I have the "bankleutzahl" with 8 digits: xxx xxx xx.

What number I have to use? konto or karten? And which is the CVV???

Thanks a lot!

If you want to buy with your maestro card, do shopping on webshop that supports sofortueberweisung as a payment gateway.Its logo look like this

You can see the payment mechanism in detail at https://www.payment-network.com/sue_de

This form of payment will ask for a tan number, similarity to the bank Überweisung.

Thanks you!!

So I understand that I can pay with my card but I have to choose "Lastschrift" and then I must introduce the TAN??

Hi!! I´m sorry but I don´t understand how to pay with my debib card. I have a debid card of Sparkasse. I have tried to buy something where It´s also possible to pay with a debid card, but when I introduce mu "kontonumber", it always ask me the CVV2 OR CVC2, and in the reverse of my card I just have the "Bankleitzahl".

Thanks a lot! :)

Are you trying to shop on an international site? Because a British debit card is still very different from a German one.

My suggestion is to stop doing what you are doing when you clearly have no clue :) Especially since it involves money.

it always ask me the CVV2 OR CVC2, and in the reverse of my card I just have the "Bankleitzahl".

They want the card verification code. That's for credit cards. Are you sure you've chosen the correct payment option?

I am reviving an old thread for a quick question...which I believe is related to this thread (somwhat.) I am trying to connect my German paypal account to my Sparkasse account. I got an email saying that my account had been accepted but paypal is waiting for a confirmation code. It's been a few days and nowhere to be found in my online banking system. Should I wait, call or has there been an error? Thanks :) 

Few days = I hope you mean work days? If transaction doesn't show up on Monday, call them.

usually, PayPal will try to deduct something from your account, and in the description will you see the four digit pin, so watch out for the transaction