Mobile phone insurance

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

When I used to live in England I always had mobile phone insurance directly from 02. Now, however, I have an unlocked iPhone running a Simyo SIM. I've just upgraded to a new model and I'd like to get some insurance. I know it's kind of a minefield (as is seems to be everywhere) but does anyone have any advice on companies here in Germany? I'd like the phone to obviously be covered for its full value (around 750€) and have accidental damage/loss cover as well as cover whilst being used worldwide.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend.

Kind Regards

Darryl

Hi Darryl! You know, I´m not sure if it´s worth having an insurance for your mobile phone. There are one or two companies - I believe AXA is one of them - offering it. However, there is no cover in case it gets stolen or lost or you accidentally drop it. And, though I´m not an expert re mobile phone insurance - I reckon you´re wasting your time. In Germany, in most cases , they don´t offer multi-risk policies ie stuff getting simply stolen ouside the home EXCEPT if you´ve been the victim of violence, a mugging, a threat of violence.

In such a case, that would be covered by a household contents insurance.

You could check with a provider in your local area. Or check a UK insurance company which deals with multi-risk.

You know what is more important here? A private liability insurance - the German word is private Haftpflichtversicherung. An example: YOU drop or mess up someone´s mobile or - worse - for example, accidentally bump into someone in the street and knock them over - and they suffer a serious injury. You´re liable - life long, if necessary. And, believe me, Germans take this stuff seriously - they´ll be onto you about your insurance for this.

What is more important? ( And, yes , I´m sure you´re young and haven´t thought about it ).

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

FINANZTEST - the German consumer protection agency's magazine - checked them out and found them virtually useless and a waste of money, as I recall. Perhaps google the test results and then you know?

Cheerio

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Hi, I just bought iphone 6 and I think it makes sense to get an insurance against theft and damage. I didn't take apple care because it doesn't cover theft. I was googling around but the prices seem to vary by 50 euros for the same type of insurances so I got a bit confused. does anyone have any personal recommendations? cheers!

assona my protect is the one 1 use. 2 phones and a tab (broke the glass in all of them - replace no problem).

they have a web site just google them