Sufficient salary ranges in and around Munich

1,022 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

I just had a phone interview for a “Software lead” position. All went well until the salary expectation part. 

I asked 90k. I am already earning 80k as an “Senior Software Engineer” with no team management responsibility. They said that even 65k would be above average and that my expectation is unrealistic. 

Glassdoor seems to confirm what they say but I find the information hard to believe. On payscale I see conflicting information. 

Do software leading roles really go for 60k? 

If you're already earning 80K then your expectation is not unrealistic for you, even if it might be for them. My guess - they are a relatively small company so they are less able to offer a higher salary. Bigger companies pay higher salaries.

47 minutes ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

I just had a phone interview for a “Software lead” position. All went well until the salary expectation part. 

I asked 90k. I am already earning 80k as an “Senior Software Engineer” with no team management responsibility. They said that even 65k would be above average and that my expectation is unrealistic. 

Glassdoor seems to confirm what they say but I find the information hard to believe. On payscale I see conflicting information. 

Do software leading roles really go for 60k? 

Yes, it is possible, but rare. Usually management positions start at 70k€ but easily get >85k€. And they can go up to 105k€, for larger or more complicated teams.