Sufficient salary ranges in and around Munich

975 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, swimmer said:

The best way for someone in your position to learn German is via your employer - either incompany or paying for evening classes or possibly even both.   Again, that'd be something many peers here do not organise or fund independently.   Completely normal here.   Another thing to ask about with relocation.  With an in-group transfer, it's also not unusual to start that at the current location, before the move.

Thank you for your deep knowledge of this, is highly appreciated.  

The original question was about how pay relates to the local economy.   Of course there is different demand for different jobs in different locations, often wide ones.    These cannot be influenced individually, usually.  

As to what is on offer,  I've learned in most settings here to ask what's there for me (or my family) before I go about doing, or paying for, stuff myself.   We are more featherebedded here often for various reasons (cultural, pragmatic, economic / tax, other).

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone on the list know if Allianz technology is a good employer ? Just got an offer for about 70k p.a. gross and we're seriously considering to take it. We are a family of three ( wife and one year old son).

Thanks for you thoughts.

Cheers,

Carl.

Allianz in general is a good employer with benefits like company pension, high number of holidays, home-office, etc. It remains operating in the insurance industry though :).

19 hours ago, CarlRest said:

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone on the list know if Allianz technology is a good employer ? Just got an offer for about 70k p.a. gross and we're seriously considering to take it. We are a family of three ( wife and one year old son).

Thanks for you thoughts.

Cheers,

Carl.

If the question is: is Allianz a good employer ? I would say yes, you are not jumping in the middle of no where.

If the question is actually: is 70k a good offer, especially if it comes from Allianz then I think we need much more info:

- 1) Which position exactly ? (Ok, it is IT, but what ?)

- 2) How many years of experience you have ?

And persoanlly i would be curios to know where are you from. :)

21 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Do you currently have a better job?

In my current job I make pretty much the same money, but I am not currently working in Europe.  Although the offer is attractive, I just want to know if anyone worked or knows about Allianz technology working environment and career options within the company.

Thanks

Carl

4 hours ago, CarlRest said:

In my current job I make pretty much the same money, but I am not currently working in Europe.  Although the offer is attractive, I just want to know if anyone worked or knows about Allianz technology working environment and career options within the company.

Thanks

Carl

You'll probably find reports from people with experience of working for the company on these two sites.

https://www.glassdoor.de

Employer Rating - Arbeitgeber Bewertung - kununu

2B

Hello All,

I am currently torn if I will stay in Graz, Austria or move to Munich. I currently have an offer on a reputable company in Munich, salary is quite good I guess (~69 - 73k euros). My main questions:

1. Is the salary range good enough for 3 person family, 1 incoming unborn baby?

2. Typically, how much would a family of 4 should expect with respect to cost?

3. How difficult is it now to secure Kindergarten? and perhaps for an apartment?

All feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

3 hours ago, tokwatbaboy said:

I currently have an offer on a reputable company in Munich, salary is quite good I guess (~69 - 73k euros).

"Quite good" is relative. Please state your area of expertise in detail, including years of experience.

1. Is the salary range good enough for 3 person family, 1 incoming unborn baby?

Yes, with some limitations.

2. Typically, how much would a family of 4 should expect with respect to cost?

Varies a lot by your expectations of quality of life. Hard to say. How much do you expect to save per year?

3. How difficult is it now to secure Kindergarten? and perhaps for an apartment?

Both are quite difficult. Even a private kindergarten is hard to get.

Took me 7 months to find my current place, for example. Newcomers can easily take 2 months.

thank you all for the feedback.

to answer the questions:

• > 12 years in the industry, >6 years to the position being offered.
  • At least a saving of 5,000 per year.

17 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

5k€ per year should be doable, although a bit low aim IMO. My personal target is 30k€ per year.

Which industry?

Semiconductor industry

big question for me is also the kindergarten availability. If possible we want to live somewhere in perlach or nearby or perhaps near campeon and i wonder if securing a slot there is hard? 

On 20. Dezember 2018 um 23:37:24, MikeMelga said:

Took me 7 months to find my current place, for example. Newcomers can easily take 2 months years.

FTFY. 

On 21. Dezember 2018 um 11:26:17, tokwatbaboy said:

thank you all for the feedback.

to answer the questions:

• > 12 years in the industry, >6 years to the position being offered.
  • At least a saving of 5,000 per year.

The offer is too low, IMO. The rents went up quicker than the salaries in Munich.

it's funny you mention that, Luke, as I have yet to hear any discussion about the impact on business these unchecked and exploding rents will have.

It's completely insane - all so a few landlords can rake in the profits. 

FU Bavaria, and your crap, non-enforcible implementation of the rent brake!

merry christmas everyone :)

I'm thinking of moving to London where Tube train drivers can now earn 100,000 Pounds just for opening and closing the doors on their automatic trains. NOT!!!!

Salary is not everything, Job satisfaction IS.

Says a poorly paid English teacher.