BBC stream channels disappeared

14 posts in this topic

Can anybody tell me what has happened to the BBC stream channels from the sattellite?they were always good for watching motorbike races and some good music on there aswell and now they are gone :(

The BBC ETV streams moved during the last week of September to DSat7. You should find them again if you scan transponder 13 on Astra 2A (11.954H, 27500, 2/3). Note however, that the BBC has cut back on ETV services, and now only has 5 streams (previously 7) which they also periodically share with Freesat and Sky.

Hi, I am new in Munich and now is working on installing wireless for mz Alice DSL. I saw your posts and guess you might know the tech... Just want to quick check with you, if I have a Alice DSL ready at home, every time when I plugin the cable, I need to dial a Alice.exe sw so that I could really get the internet work, otherwise the internet is "limited or without connection". Today I bought a "delovo home netwroking" and trying to make it work at home, but it seems is I plug the cable to the delovo, I can not dial the aclice sw anymore. Do you have any idea, how I can change my dial DSL to wifi? Thanks! Cynthia

The BBC ETV streams moved during the last week of September to DSat7. You should find them again if you scan transponder 13 on Astra 2A (11.954H, 27500, 2/3). Note however, that the BBC has cut back on ETV services, and now only has 5 streams (previously 7) which they also periodically share with Freesat and Sky.

I looked there with my skybox.It was mostly BBC radio but some also new interactive BBC feed channels with numbers, eg 6711, 6712, 6713 etc. when I added one of them (6711) there was no sound to go with the video transmission but 6712 and 6713 seem good. I will keep fiddling.

There are detailed transponder details here http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/info/sat_frequencies.shtml and they include your 2A transponder info

...new interactive BBC feed channels with numbers, eg 6711, 6712, 6713 etc. when I added one of them (6711) there was no sound to go with the video transmission ...

If you are using a UK Sky digibox then set change your language settings in the settings menu to anything other than English. Digiboxes are confused because the transmissions are using twin audio tracks, both labelled "English", so they defaults to an alternative audio track which is mute. Tell it not to use English and it'll pick up one of the active ones. Unfortunately you can't choose which one, and sometimes they are different. Selecting the correct track is a function of the red-button software in Sky and Freesat receivers.

Aha! This might explain why all our saved channels have gone cuckoo-kaka. Guess I need to switch it off and on again.

<hunts for manual>

If you are using a UK Sky digibox then set change your language settings in the settings menu to anything other than English. Digiboxes are confused because the transmissions are using twin audio tracks, both labelled "English", so they defaults to an alternative audio track which is mute. Tell it not to use English and it'll pick up one of the active ones. Unfortunately you can't choose which one, and sometimes they are different. Selecting the correct track is a function of the red-button software in Sky and Freesat receivers.

I now have CBBC extra(6714)which is a very short loop with sound, the others are some other extra channels, with wildlife photos, sport commentary and another one with some song contest currently taking place. I got excited when i thought it was access to the real CBBC channel via a backdoor but no such luck.

The content (and audio channels) will constantly change, depending on the red-button services running at the time. There are also fewer ETV streans than before.

I have an 80 cm dish on the roof and was thinking about upgrading it to a 150 cm but I don't think that a satellite dish that big is allowed or that the roof is strong enough for it. Anyone got a big dish on the roof?

Yes you're right, I just looked at the 2D map again and compared it to Google maps and it's clear Berlin requires a 180 cm.. sigh! No chance of that on the roof!