Swaparama! Want new clothes but lacking cash?

23 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Well, I am new to Berlin and new to Toytown so I wanted to share an idea with you all...

I was wondering, how many people would be up for a Swaparama...basically a "get-together" where you can bring any unwanted clothes, accessories, books, shoes etc and swap them for somebody elses unwanted stuff...like that famous saying: one mans junk is another mans treasue...

The get-together could be done in a park ( well weather permitting ) and if people wanted they could bring some beers, wine and we can make a fun time out of it :)

Well, let me know what you think and if there is more than myself interested then I can arrange something. I would love to meet new people and also get to check out some new clothes at the same time!!

I'd be into it! I went to a swap at the Etsy office in Kreuzberg--maybe they'd host one again?

I've gone to several clothes swaps here that were organized on Couchsurfing, and it was always a good time and a chance for a nice cheap wardrobe refresher. I'd love to do it again.

I just moved here from the States, so I won't have tons to contribute but I'd love to bring a few items and a bottle of something. I enjoyed hosting and attending clothing swaps back in Virginia... keep me posted on date/time/location!

I could probably host this! Live right near to Görlitzer Bahnhof. How about next Wednesday (2nd November) at 7.30pm in my apartment. I don't really want to put my address on here, so if interested send me an email - hrdys81@aol.com or a PM.

Could be fun...

Ahh that's probably the one time that's not good for me! But thanks for offering to host! If that's the only date you can do then by all means... but if you're flexible I'd love to do it a different day, like Tuesday or Thursday! Thanks!

Hey! I'd love to participate as well. Just moved here a little while ago so I don't have a ton of stuff, but I'm sure I can manage to find a few things to bring!

hi there - i would love to join the clothing swap, but will not be able to make it on the 1st (out of town, coming back to berlin on the 6th) - but if you guys do another one in the future, i am in. i have done some swaps in the US and they were always very fun and very successful. great idea!!

Hey all,

I would be quite interested! We're leaving Berlin at the end of Nov and have to sell or swap all of our stuff! We have a range of womans clothing (medium) and a range of men's clothes (small, mainly t-shirts and jeans), a huge stack of german (mainly cookbooks) and english books (mainly chick lit :) ), we also have some DVDs, bags, scarves and alot of mics stuff.

However, as you can probably tell by now, I'm not sure how keen I am to lug it all over Berlin! As we are moving and are selling the majority of our stuff I could suggest that maybe either people who are interested in the above items contact me directly (PM or at sophiejo.porten@gmail.com) or if a small group of people want to come to my place (Lankwitz/ Lichterfelde Ost Sbahn) we could maybe arrange something for next weekend.

Ideally I would like to sell these things for a few bucks per item or bulk items/bulk price, but if it is a group meet up then obvs some people would be more interested in trading (as per original post!). Open to suggestions and ideas :-)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!