Berlin is the sex mecca of the world

132 posts in this topic

The little Berlin leather shop where kink meets haute couture
Quartz

Today, Berlin is one of the world’s greatest hedonistic playgrounds. The crown jewel of its nightclubs is the techno temple Berghain, which began in the 1990s as a fetish party. But on any given night in Schöneberg, and across the city, a smorgasbord of sexual theme parties take place, and dress codes abound, from latex to leather to nothing at all. The Wednesday that I met Lindinger, an alternative monthly listed a dozen such events taking place on that night alone. “Berlin is outstanding as a city of sex,” Lindinger said.

nacht10.jpeg

It's always wanker time where I live.. :)

Berlin burnishes its reputation for hedonism
USA Today

Germany's capital has long been associated with sexual liberty, hedonism and eroticism — a permissive place where permissive people do permissive things

Which is why Venus, an erotic trade and consumer fair that claims to be the world's largest of its kind, convenes here annually. This year's four-day event, which runs through Sunday, has drawn 30,000 attendees.  "People come to Berlin for something a little bit special," said Walter Hasenclever, the show's publicity director.

Venus, in its eighth year, features a mix of sex products and erotic performances in a setting that combines the ambience of an airport terminal with a flea market.  Hasenclever said most of Venus' consumer customers are couples who don't blush easily.

"This city allows you to explore who you are," said Camille Darroux, 26, a part-time freelance writer who visits Berlin sex clubs such as the KitKatClub with her boyfriend.

Darroux said she first came to Berlin from her native France because she was attracted to its burgeoning tech start-up scene, but another scene quickly took over.

"People in Berlin are less judgmental than in other places in Europe," Darroux said. "Things like sex parties are very normal in Berlin.

Happy New Year

Berlin’s techno club scene draws expats and travellers
The techno capital of the world provides the perfect escape for anyone looking to lose, find or just be yourself
Toronto Star

Berlin’s vibrant and seemingly never-ending nightlife — and its extremely open attitudes toward sexuality, music, fashion and drugs — provide an intoxicating alternative to the dreariness of bottle service, over-the-top machismo and dress codes, which epitomize North America’s cookie-cutter club culture.

I'd like to write an expat guide to love abroad.

I'd call it The Complete Wanker.