Vaterschaftsanerkennung UK father to German baby

23 posts in this topic

Ahem, no. The law was not changed. The constitutional court declared the law that states that in cases of unmarried parents joint custody can only be achieved with the mother's permission void. That doesn't mean however that parents now automatically have joined custody. Only the mother automatically has custody. For joint custody a custody declaration is still necessary. If the mother declines her consent however, the father now can file for a court ruling granting joint custody.

does anyone know of a link to such a "custody declaration" document? Is there a standard doc or is it something that is drawn up between parents?

Thanks!

My boyfriend and I first filled out a "vaterschaftsannerkennung" form together, which had to be done at the standesamt TOGETHER, or the 2nd person at a later date. Until the 2nd person had filled it out it had no power.

Then we had to go to the Jugendamt and fill out a "gemeinsamessorgerecht" form, for which we had to have the Vaterschaftsannerkennung for. That also had to be countersigned.

Don't know if any of that rings any bells?

I wish you all the best.

I'd lawyer up right away. The faster you file for custody the better. The longer she's in care of the child, the harder it's going to be to get the child back. The lawyer can tell you whether you need to file in UK court or in Germany or elsewhere. Maybe you can subpoena for a DNA test and bypass the documents she hid from you all together. Don't sit around waiting for advice on a forum or documents you may never get. If she has left the country, she may be in violation of international abduction treaties. Get a lawyer right away.