Sandemans New Europe raided by police

96 posts in this topic

Marcin, I don't know you that well, but have you been smoking a bucket load of pot? You've gone bat-shit crazy. Get off the gas! That is a ridonk level of paranoia.

I hope it wasn't you writing, because why any Sandeman's "employee" would defend that pathetic excuse for a company is beyond me.

I really don't know why you would name Jared, either. Risky business the naming and shaming without evidence thingy.

Hello everyone else.

Interesting, this thread doesn't show up on the "discussion forum overview"

*Testing testing*

It was yesterday, complete with Sandemans New Europe logo, but the thread has now become so boring it's dropped like a stone in very watery water. What we need are FACTS and PICTURES of policemen storming Sandeman's magnificent and employee-friendly offices in Berlin.

Note: Edited after threats for using the word 'Führerbunker' to describe Sandeman's offices in Berlin.

name Jared

I'm not sure, but I suspect you are right about the spelling. :P

I think Marcin head of Munich operations is just trying to cover his own self. This seems to be Sandemans company culture.

I think he's thrown all his ethics out the window and any employee he can under the bus in order to do protect himself from losing a fairly bad job before Oktoberfest (Boom time in München).

(personal attack removed by admin)

A Sandeman's company position is like a crappy version of the ring of power , but instead of invisibility and strength it only confers the illusion of job security to those at the top. And, just like the ring of power, folks are gradually wasted the longer they stay in upper management.

I think Marcin head of Munich operations is just trying to cover his own ass. This seems to be Sandemans company culture.

fixed it for ya :)

By the way, all of these unhappy Sandeman employees/freelancers on site and NOT ONE took a photo during the raid? No f***ing wonder most of you are not making much money.

I thought something fishy was going on since the C-word has a history of removing these threads

Guides aren't usually in the offices, office staff for the company are (unpaid interns and what not). Plus the office in Munich is like the size of a shoebox and probably took less than five minutes to raid and that is the office that some guides were apparently in when that raid took place. As for the Berlin office, that raid was kept secret until about 3 days later.

Since that time, Dave O. and Marcin W. part of the company hierarchy have confirmed these events, pictures aren't necessary.

pictures aren't necessary.

But we'd love to see all those tooled up cops armed with tasers and whatnot which were mentioned.

I think you've seen officers of the Zoll before at airport terminals. They all carry a sidearm, pepperspray, and a tazer. Pretty standard.

Would you rather remember what a hot chick looked like, coz you saw one already, or would you rather see a picture of her all tooled up and ready for action? Good grief, play the game man.

Would you rather remember what a hot chick looked like, coz you saw one already, or would you rather see a picture of her all tooled up and ready for action?

post-8-13160847822984.jpg

Oh yea, that's what I'm talking about...

Now we just need to see one of them using their tazer on a certain company director's family jewels.

I doubt they would have been in riot gear, but the thought is very soothing.

Having spoken with numerous guides, it's been brought to my attention that many guides are worried about work.

Let me say this, for those that it has not occured to, the tourists do not come to Europe because Sandeman's is there.

Prepare yourselves for the end of Sandeman's, print yourselves some red 'New Europe Independent' T-shirts, speak with your co-workers about what you will do to organize tours when/ if Sandeman's Tours dies, and speak with hostel pick-up locations to assure them that pick-ups will still take place when/ if the company dies. Alot of managers at the hostels and hotels already seem to know about the situation in Munich, I woudln't be surprised if they didn't already know in Berlin and/ or Hamburg too. News gets around pretty fast. Finally, it might be worth it to speak with other companies, explain the situation, and get yourselves on back-up lists (especially in München where the Oktoberfest is coming up this weekend).

Alternatively some guides seem to be worried about tax-related things. Sandeman's is entirely culpable if they are found to be a tour guide employer. It's amazing how many of you take the companies more nebulous threats to heart. Germany is one of the most worker friendly countries on the face of the planet, the company is responsible for you if you are employed by them (cf. the current situation were you are responsible for your MWST taxes).

Don't get scared, get busy.

I hoped that this topic would be kept alive by word of mouth; by tapping into the sense of justice and fairness, inherit in anyone with strength of character.

I have to admit that I am EXTREMELY disappointed in most if not all of you.

Do you not realize that by sidetracking this whole discussion into petty and completely irrelevant attacks against people involved you caused severe damage

This is a revolution. Like all revolutions in this country, it is ultimately doomed to failure because those involved, those with righteous legitimate grievances that morality demands be redressed, allow themselves to be kidnapped by those who are only interested in starting petty squabbles and settling old personal scores.

This type of asinine distraction fractionalizes the revolution and allows, through negligence, the forces of evil to either grasp at or consolidate their power.

I am willing to wager that Chris and Dave are laughing their butts off and getting ready to launch their standard “sour grapes” defense. They do this every time and deflect all criticism away from themselves by playing you all off each other and catching you in a discourse they can show is driven my hatred and malice. Partners believe it; it usually works

Let’s make no bones about it, if this righteous undertaking fails, then there will be a night of long knives, there will be retribution and anyone who knows the company knows that it will be brutal, severe, and unending. Rufmord and Beleidigung are the German legal system’s ultimate Mack-daddy and Sandemans will spare no expense in making you pay.

The revolutions of 1989 worked, because people were pissed off enough to see beyond their petty interpersonal squabbles. Like them, you must focus like a laser-beam on the facts. The Zoll is not in any way interested in any of these petty squabbles.

The Zoll and Finanzamt are interested in showing that the guides employed by sandemans are employees and not freelancers. They are not interested in anything else.

The facts of the investigation are on your side. The company was wrong and they know it. The Zoll needs your help, though. They need to know that there is a huge discrepancy between the “on paper” relationship and the actual day-to-day work you were required to do. Give the Zoll a hand; call Thomas Schubert in Berlin. ( 030/ 74307 1352 thomas.schubert@fks-b.bfinv.de ). Tell him what you know.

We want justice. Justice would be Chris dictating his memoirs to Dave at Landsberg prison.

Don’t be stupid, don’t be scared. Get busy.