Playgroups or clubs for 3-year olds in Darmstadt

11 posts in this topic

We're living in Mannheim and soon moving to Darmstadt. Our 3 year-old twin girls will be joining a state Kindergarten in Darmstadt/Bessungen. Unfortunately, our new apartment(to-be) does not have any families with children and the Kindergarten is relatively far-away to interact with the kids from there on a regular basis. We are looking for ways to help our girls make friends in the new city.

So any ideas on English speaking playgroups, activities/clubs for small children where the kids meet and interact on a regular basis would be welcome. I have found a couple of options through Toytown earlier, but the timings are normally on weekdays in the mornings or afternoons. Since both my husband and I are working full-time, it would be nice if something is possible on some evenings(after 5:00 p.m.) or on weekends.

Of course, we would also love to meet English speaking adults who meet on weekends for some fun sports or other social activities :)

Hi. I have a 2 year old daughter and my friend (also with a 2 year old girl) go to a variety of parks in Darmstadt quite regularly on a Friday afternoon. We could meet up one afternoon if you like. What kindergarten will your girls be going to?

@Zizy: Thanks for your invite. I'd be glad to join. I sent you a message a while ago. Hope to meet you once we're in Darmstadt. The girls will go to "Kindergarten Martinstrasse" in Bessungen.

Hi there,

I'm moving to Darmstadt in March with a 1.5 yr old and was wondering if there are any english play groups. I'm also looking to make friends myself :).

Becca

If anyone is still doing the playgroup thing I would love to join I have a 2 year old who need to get out the house and play

Hi guys,

You might want to try this group:

http://www.ikec.de/

English speaking with various age range play groups and English classes.

There is an annual membership fee which goes towards the cost of hiring the play room.

Hi,

I met a couple of moms once in a while to have my kids make new friends, as none of the playgroups really suited my full-day work schedule.

However, here's an interesting resource of information to do different things with kids around Darmstadt

http://www.fratz-magazin.de/fileadmin/pdf-ausgaben/Fratz_4112_web.pdf

I have a 2 3/4 year old boy and a nearly 3 month old baby girl. My son is home on Mondays and Fridays if you want to meet up to get out and about.

Hi all -

Are there any toddler playdates happening anytime soon in Darmstadt? I'd love to meet up if any of you are interested!

Thanks!

Hello,

Have a look at www.lollipophouse.de we are a new English playgroup and activity center for children from 0-6 years old opening in August 2013.

Come and meet new friends while having fun at our playgroup, pre school class, music class and story hour all in English.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Hi,

If anyone is still doing the playgroups I would love to join, I have a 2,5 year old and 10 months girls who need to play with other kids. I am not a native speaker but can speak English. Unfortunately not yet German :) We live in Bessungen.