New to Stade

13 posts in this topic

Heya My name is Kate

I have recently moved to Stade from england. I am going to be here for a year and so far havent really gone out much as I have a limited knowledge of German.

Would be nice to know if anyone else was in stade to meet up?

I fear that in Stade (which is in Niedersachsen rather than Hamburg) you are a bit out in the sticks so to speak.

If you enter STADE into the Search box you can see that someone posted that they had moved to Stade but have not been online since mid-June.

Its 20+ years since I walked around Stade when my parents visited - in recent times I've only seen it from the air...

Best of luck - I can only suggest that you try to get out & about.

We live 30 km away in Klein Meckelsen. Living in Stade? You lucky thing. Enjoy - It is gorgeous. If you ever get out this way give us a PM. Oh and for ice cream go to Appensen and visit Eisbaer

1st Friday and Saturday of the month they have stupid offers like 20 mini magnum type ice creams for €1! They produce for everyone from Tescos and M & S to Aldi and Lidl.

Oh and you have the advantage that Stade is now connected to the S-Bahn to Hamburg!

We live in Stade and are planning on having an au pair from an English-speaking country with us starting October. If that works out I'll suggest to her to try and get in touch with you.

Hello Kate.

I'm living in the little town "Zeven", its about 40km away from Stade. I'm new to this Forum, but i'd really like to meet english speaking people in this area. As you can see on my profile, i'm german, but i am speaking english nearly fluently with a british accent.

If you want, i can help you with your life here in Germany especially living in this area.

Please feel free to contact me.

Whish you a good time in Lower Saxony - Stade

Dear Kate,

This is a long shot but I am looking for an English teacher for some clients of mine in Buxtehude which is about 16 miles away from Stade. I don't suppose you do English teaching or know someone that does?

My email address is kate.besse@directorslanguages.com

Kind regards,

Kate.

Dear Kate

I am sorry I don't do English teaching and don't know anyone personally who does. However there is a Volkshoschule in Stade that teaches english I think.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I will let you know if I hear of anyone.

Kate

Hallo! Came across this thread and seeing that it was from 2011, I would like to know how life in Stade is? Are there plenty of shops and tourists spots in the area? How is the cost of living? How about transportation?

In addition, if somebody here knows of Flügelchen Kinderkrankenpflege? Is that a good company? 

Vielen Dank im Voraus..

On 31/05/2018, 14:40:44, sweeteanncho said:

Hallo! Came across this thread and seeing that it was from 2011, I would like to know how life in Stade is? Are there plenty of shops and tourists spots in the area? How is the cost of living? How about transportation?

In addition, if somebody here knows of Flügelchen Kinderkrankenpflege? Is that a good company? 

Vielen Dank im Voraus..

Hi! 

So I have lived in Stade for a year now. It is very safe and quiet, most people who live in this town are elderly. But the town's got everything you need, like shops, cinema, pharmacy... The rent is pretty cheap. In general around 500 euros with Nebenkosten for an apartment with 2 rooms. The rest of the costs are pretty much the same as in Hamburg, I'd say.

There´s also a direct S-Bahn link to Harburg these days and then onto Hamburg Hauptbahhof. Many Airbus engineers live there who work in Finkenwerder. Nice little place. If I come back to the Hamburg area one day, I´d like to live there.

Old plan I just found on Google but anyway:

https://www.cuxhaven.de/pics/medien/1_1341989569/metronom_+_S-Bahn_Fahrplan_AH_%E2%80%93_AST_%E2%80%93_ACV_2012-07-20%E2%80%932012-07-20.pdf

John's right, but if you need to get to Hamburg city centre (or beyond) the Metronom train service is more convenient/faster, as it doesn't halt at every other tree.