English-speaking marriage counselors in Mannheim

9 posts in this topic

Hey, gang.

Things are reaching critical mass and my S.O. is finally easing up her resistance to us getting some counselling but it's on me to find it. Fair enough. Can anyone recommend a Couples Counselor who speaks both Deutsch & English or even therapist who speaks English that I can vent to by myself if needed?

Thanks for any help you may have. :)

Sorry to hear you are having troubles - maybe these people can help (don`t know if they speak English though...)?

http://www.eheberatung-mannheim.de/

Well, I'm obviously seeing this way too late; I hope you were able to resolve your problems.

In the future, feel free to contact me; I am an American counselor specializing in expat issues--including the challenges of intercultural relationships. I have lived in Germany (the Manheim area) for 15 years and also speak German. You can find details on my background on my website: www.expat-counseling.de

An alternative (if you're both English speaking) is that you can get marriage guidance by telephone. I did this many years ago. They call you from the UK and if you have a speaker phone it's a bit like a telephone conference call.