Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Am I in the right Forum to meet friends near Straubing

11 posts in this topic

Hi! New to Straubing as of July 2011. Dying for some English conversation! No one here speaks English except for my husband! I am 29 years old with a five year old son and expecting in December, and of course my German hubby.

Last of all, WHERE IS THE MALL?!? :)

Are there any groups to join that meetup? I currently cannot partake in the beer drinking but would love some good English conversation and laughs!

Thanks for taking the time to read this y'all!

are you on Facebook? try http://www.facebook.com/groups/15091837146/

I think I just added you to the english stammtisch. Anyway there will be a meeting tomorrow. Also I do believe there will be a plan meet up for the Straubing beerfest(second best in germany) so keep an eye out for that. Also dont worry no beer consumption is forced upon anyone.

Eidt: Coolio put up the info for the stammtish. Also there is a playground there for the kiddo. The best beergarden in the city. No tourist at all.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/114211045294539/?id=213861041996205&notif_t=group_activity

I am on facebook.

Yes, thank you for the invitation!

Oh but there is the non alcoholic beer for us pregnant people! Lol.... But it is just not the same!

Colas, teas etc are there. Remember we are in europe where beergardens are places that people meet not just to drink.

As for mall the Arcaden in Regensburg at the HBF and the DETZ is located by the Real grocery store. DETZ is the larger of the two although at the Arcaden you are more likely to find an english speaking crowd.

There's no mall, but Straubing has a very nice music festival every summer that you may find enjoyable.

When I was at the music festival I met quite a few native English speakers who live in Straubing.

Learn to drink sparkling Mineralwasser while you're pregnant. It will grow on you, though not enough to make you decide to stay pregnant forever.

Hi I just moved to straubing three days ago I'm American with three children my husband is German I'm really hoping to meet more people.