Visine or similar for red eyes

18 posts in this topic

My new job has irratic sleeping hours and it has finally caught up to my eyes.

They are glassy usually but sometimes red, and I would like to get the red out.

Does anyone know of where to get something like this?

I already have the natural tear drops, doesn't work. Help!

Ask at the pharmacy, they have Visine and all sorts of other eye drops depending on what the problem is. Could it also be an allergy or conjunctivitis?

Try to take a nap during the day when the little one is sleeping, and you will feel better anyway.

(don´t worry about the housework - it won´t run away! - you and the little one are top priority right now, anyway!)

Oh BD - surely you realise that if Mummy is happy and rested, then life for Papa will be a lot more comfortable too?!

You are so pessimistic BD!

@ Sugarbell - have you tried the natural approach, such as laying slices of cucumber on your eyes and relaxing?

You are so pessimistic BD!

Hes realistic.

Ever lain in bed late in the evening waiting to hear the car turn into the drive & the house door be opened?

I think Bad Doggie is right, I will never rest the same way again. 23 years, lol. @ Robinson i think the cucumbers work more for dark circles, not red eyes, but will try.

When I do get some down time, I try to catch up with my family, friends, and clean, it's just keeping up appearances is hard, I have the new mommy style which is hard enough, but

when I saw those red eyes, I looked like that "thing" that goes bump in the night. Will ask at the pharmacy tomorrow, hopefully it is not prescription.

if your eyes are red because they're dry (or because of lack of sleep)- try the Bepanthen eye drops. If it's an allergy thing- try Vividrin. If it's a conjunctivitis- then I'd recommend either Evello, Bepanthen Augensalbe (only recommendable over night, it's a mess if you wear mascara...) or Berberil. I need all of them- Bepanthen eye drops when I studied all night, Vividrin in spring, and Berberil when it's too windy, my eyes are super sensitive <_< . No prescription needed for any of the eye drops!

Or warm chamomile tea bags, that might work too :)

Update: I got Berberil Augentropfen from the Apotheke today and it works. It is made by Bausch & Lomb. Thanks guys! ;)

I got Berberil N, I find it very 'Meh', it does the job, but not quite as good as visine or clear eyes would.