Looking for a shop selling raw leather in Munich

7 posts in this topic

Title sums it up. I'm looking for somewhere that has a good selection of leather in order to knock up some copies of ancient boots and belts. All I have found are Mr Minute type places that can repair shoes but don't actually sell the basic leather. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Taff

There is a shop here (well i think its this street or the next street across) that does. Färbergraben 11

80331 München, Deutschland

There are actually a few shops that I have seen as I have walked around this area etc.

Also check flea markets. My husband has often come home with bags of leather scraps.

Buy a worn out, broken leather sofa with realistic tattyness built in. Ditch the stuffing and the frame and before you can say "Indiana Jones" you are left with a pile of skin.

You might also try checking out the Yellow pages for Auto Sattlerei. They keep fairly large stocks of various coloured new leather. They need to hold batches of matching shades in quantities to fit out entire car interiors. If you get chatting with the right type of craftsman he may even be happy to make a deal with you on used material. If your intent is to create replicate antiquities then the nicely worn material they remove from olditmer cars that are being restored could be ideal. I have had some luck with local guys in Hessen in that area getting such aged pieces to replace cigar burned console covers and the like.

2B