Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for adult swimming lessons

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I move to Berlin short ago. I want to learn swimming it should only be for women. I live in Tempelhof Berlin. Its best if its near .

Thnx everyone.

Keep smiling

I am looking for something for advanced swimmers. The ones in the public pools, are they for kids?

There are loads of swimming courses in Berlin for both adults and children. As far as I know only offered in German but it cant be that hard to learn the swimming vocabulary. Im not sure how advanced you want, if its coaching for competition or something then thats a different matter but there are anfanger and fortgeschrittene courses.

http://www.berlinerbaeder.de/38.html

Thank you, but I was there and these are the courses I was referring to. It said there that adults can join too. I just dont want to be the only one among 20 preschoolers :D

My aim is to improve my swimming techniques. I used to take part of competitions as a child and would like to pursue it but kind of in a hobby way, not the Olympics or such- haha!

But I think I´ll consult the public pool people what options there are and how many adults usually attend these courses.

I havent been to swimming lessons in Berlin myself, but when a friend was asking a year or so back I did some calling around and it was pretty clear that many of the lessons were entirely or mostly adult including several that were women only.

Search google for something like "schwimmkurse erwachsene berlin fortgeschrittene" and you should get a few options such as http://www.bsv1878.de/schwimmen/erwachsene.html

Edit: Im not actually sure that that link is lessons, it might just be a time when master swimmers can do lengths but anyway I am sure there are options for you.

Edit: Im not actually sure that that link is lessons, it might just be a time when master swimmers can do lengths but anyway I am sure there are options for you.

Yes, that link actually only gives times when the lanes are open for training, nothing to do with lessons. However, the Berliner Bäder site already linked in Zwiebelfisch's earlier posting also mentions Einzelunterricht - I think that would be your best bet to get the type of lessons you're looking for.