Prenatal and pregnancy yoga classes

23 posts in this topic

There is a center in the Kidlerstraße (something like 19, but I am not shure) in Munich-Westend. I think they call themselves Zentrum für Atem, Geburt und Gymnastik. I did the Rückbildungsgymnastik there (sorry I don`t know the English word) and it was really really excellent. They also offer Yoga for pregnants.

You also could check if the Ely-Heuss-Knapp-Stiftung (Josephspitalstraße, check via Internet) or Fabi (Internet) or the Beratungsstelle für natürliche Geburt und Elternsein (www.natürliche-geburt.de) offer courses. If you don`t find the adresses just pm me.

I want to let everyone know that I am now teaching a Prenatal yoga class at AirYoga.

When: Thursdays 5-6pm

Where: Shrannenhalle, AirYoga

This class provides a safe and supportive environment in which yoga postures are modified for the changing needs of the expectant mother. Focus is on developing strength, flexibility, proper breathing and an inner peace as preparation for birth and motherhood.

I hope to see you there, if you have any questions please PM me.

can anyone recomend a prenatal yoga class (eng. or german) somewhere arround ebersberg or anywhere east of munich?

if you can, i will really apreciate it

Does anyone here attend the prenatal yoga at the schrannenhalle? If so i'd appreciate your opinion of this course. Is it suitable for complete yoga novices for example. When is a good time to start in your pregnancy?

I PM'd mybutterfly but would also appreciate some 'user' feedback.

cheers

Just wanted to revive this topic. I don't seem to be able to get hold of mybutterfly, maybe she's on holiday. Has anyonw attended the prenatal yoga in the past/present can give me some advice on this. Can you start yoga as a complete beginner when you're pregnant for example?

Hi there, yes you can start yoga at any time and its excellent to do before, during and after pregnancy.

I took the pre-natal yoga class and mommy and me class at Air Yoga (Schrannenhalle) but was with a different teacher (Sabine, she is now on maternity leave herself). They generally have excellent teachers so just check out their website, I think the class is Wednesday morning.

Warning: I took a pre-natal yoga class with a woman whose name I cannot remember - it was in Haidhausen on Kellerstrasse -- and it was TERRIBLE. She was the worst yoga teacher I've ever been to and it was tragic that she was giving all these women new to yoga, and in a very vulnerable position, bad advice and a bad taste for yoga. (I did one class and didnt return).

Good luck! Feel free to PM me for more info.

Ferris

I teach pre-natal yoga in english or spanish. I am new mom of a 8 month old child, did yoga my whole pregnancy and have experience with body work. I am certified hatha yoga teacher with attention to alignment. If you are interested in privates or a group of mothers, please pm me. Best regards, Wanda

Hi,

Does anyone know if and where an English Speaking pregnancy yoga class would be held in Munich?

Thanks,

Niamh

Topics merged by admin

Do you particularly want Yoga or do you want "Schwangerschaft Gymnastik" - the anti-natal classes? Cos I know of a woman who does "Schwangerschaft Gymnastik" and you can claim the price of each session back through you AOK Versicherung. She mainly spoke German to me but she does speak English too I think. But it is one-on-one. This time round I am interested in finding a group session where I can get to meet some other people. How far along are you? I am 24 weeks.

You could at least have been helpful enough to post the name of the Schwangerschaft Gymnastik teacher and her contact info, FishAndChips. Just in case.

Hi There

I too am interested in pregnancy yoga ie shwangershaft yoga if anybody conducts in english...I too am in my 24th week..

Vini

Just in case, here is the Schwangerschaft Gymnastik Lady:

Geburtsvorbereitung

Grafin F. v. Bassewitz

Brunnerstr. 25

80804 Muenchen

089 308 63 41

She does gentle exercises with you like sitting on Gym Balls and she also does a nice massage at the beginning. She also teaches relaxation and breathing. It is one on one.

I used to attend these classes of Ishta Yoga and I know that Sabine also has classes for pregnancy. She is wonderful and speaks fluent English having trained in NYC.

Thanks ladies for the suggestions. I have emailed Sabine to enquire about pregnancy yoga. I would prefer to do a group antenatal class so let me know if any of you come across one that you are going to do and I will do likewise.