House prices in Germany

145 posts in this topic

That one is two (small) rooms, not three. The Hausgeld (including Instandhaltungsrücklage and management fee) will certainly be higher than 100.00, so take that with a grain of salt.

But if you're convinced, go for it. Why ask if you already know the answer?

Well by the time you've paid the agent/notary fees and furnished it to a comparable rental standard then you'll be at €75,000 or €80,000 and take the expenses away from your €550 rental income then you'll probably be left with a yield of 5% or 6%. This is a decent rate of return but probably a lot slower than you were looking for.

Of course you can also find a 3 room apartment with 60 000 euro, I just wanted to post one that I knew what

the rent is like. For me this kind of price is quite normal, but biggest surprise for me is that in the country

where I came from (Romania), a very old apartment, 3 rooms, pretty bad compared with German ones, sells for the

same amount ... This is how big the House Bubble it is! But this is another story of course.

Well I'm just at the best option of "investing" some money for the next 10 years in Germany.

Taking into account that the best interest on some deposit is probably 2%, maybe its worth buying a flat

and just living in it without sending some rent down the drain.

Probably the gain is not great, but I think even if you buy it, live in it 10 years, then sell it for the same

price and you are still better than paying 550 euro for 10 years monthly, that is like 60000 euro gone? Math is really harsh sometimes .

Maybe I'm just thinking this wrong, do you know some good sites that have this types of calculators, for example to calculate for 10 years for the same apartment the gain or loss of buying and renting?